Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Windows 8

Groovin'
gauravrajput
Accepted Solution

Web cam not working on windows 8

Can you please give me webcam driver for windows 7 or windows 8 VGN SZ34GP

Please use plain text.
PeterT

Re: Web cam not working on windows 8

VGN-SZ3 series is not a supported model for Windows 7 Upgrade or for Windows 8. We will not have the drivers that you are request. We apologize.

Sony Community Manager
Sr. Software Engineer
Peter Tat
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
gauravrajput

can you give me webcam driver for windows 7?

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
gauravrajput

Hi Peter

I was windows 7 for all this while and my webcam was woking fine. I wonder why are you saying it will not work on windows 7?

Regards

Gaurav

Please use plain text.
PeterT

Your model came with Windows XP.  The P at the end of your model name at the time indicates Windows XP if my memory serves me correctly. 

Windows 7 Upgrade eligible models was for VGN-SZ6xx and higher.  Your model is a VGN-SZ3xx.  That is why i made the comment that we don't have WIndows 7 camera driver for your model.  Potentially if you perform an "upgrade" and not a clean install from XP to Win7 then the Camera driver might of carried over.

Sony Community Manager
Sr. Software Engineer
Peter Tat
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
gauravrajput

Hi Peter

I did a clean install each time and the webcam driver was sent to me on email for windows 7. Why dont you try sending me a driver which might work?

Please use plain text.
PeterT

[ Edited ]

Gauravrajput,

Your comment is conflicting. You stated that the webcam driver was sent to you via email for Windows 7. If you already have the webcam driver then may I ask why you are asking for it?

Additionally as I mention we don't have the webcam driver for your model for Windows 7. We are sorry about this.

Sony Community Manager
Sr. Software Engineer
Peter Tat
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
gauravrajput

Hi Peter Tat

You have been most unsupportive in this matter and you are very bookish in your approach.

You have said that windows 8 and windows 7 will not work on this hardware. Your comment is conflicting beacuse I have used windows vista, windows 7 and windows 8 on this hardware confortably except the webcam issue for windows 8.

The webcam driver was sent to me on mail by Sony Support for windows 7. This mail i am not able to track which is why i had to take the pains to write here in the forum.

I am expecting an answer from you that will help this issue. Which would include may be giving me some options through which the webcam starts working beacuse rest of the stuff is.

In case you in your capacity can not think about anything new, I want an esclation of this thread.

Regards

Gaurav

Please use plain text.
PeterT

[ Edited ]

Gaurav,

You have mis-understood my comment. I mention that your PC is not eligible for the Upgrade program.

In the past Sony offer the Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Upgrade Program where Sony provided drivers for eligible models.

I'm not saying your hardware doesn't support Vista or Windows 7 or Windows 8. I am simply stating that your model is not a model that was supported for the Windows 7 or Windows 8 upgrade program.

Currently we are not aware of any drivers for your Camera for any other OS beside for Windows XP as stated on the Sony Asia Pacific website.

I would be more than happy to provide the driver to you if we had it but unfortunately we do not and I deeply apologize to you for this matter.

As a work around there are 3rd USB camera that you can purchase and use on your VAIO PC if you are unable to locate the email where the driver was provided to you in the past.

Sony Community Manager
Sr. Software Engineer
Peter Tat
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
gauravrajput

please escalate this thread

Please use plain text.