Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Windows 8

USER-963102

Windows 8 Touchscreen Issue on Sony Vaio L-Series All-In-One

I recently installed the Windows 8 Consumer Preview on an L Series all-in-one computer with touchscreen(VPCL237FX). First of all, this is a fantastic computer.It has almost everything you could want on a computer: 3D, touchscreen, Core i7, NVidia graphics, blue-ray recorder/player and TV tuner. In addition, some great Sony Creative Tools are thrown in, including Acid and Sound Forge.

When I can tear myself away from all of the fun things to do with this system, I am using it for Windows 8 development. Initially the touchscreen did not work, but it did after installing the Sony touchscreen Windows 7 driver. However, touches on the outer edges are not functioning (beyond the visible area). Touch is definitely available there since Sony uses it for various functions in Windows 7. This problem causes drags from the edges to not be sensed, so the normal things do not occur around the edges for Windows 8. For instance, the Start screen cannot be accessed by touching the lower left of the screen. You can use the mouse for this, but I would also like to use touch.

If this problem could be resolved, the Series L would be a fantastic computer to use for Windows 8 development and testing. Everything else seems to work well. It really gives you a feel for how Windows 8 will work in a desktop environment, with the exception of the outer edge problem.

--L. Davis
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Re: Windows 8 Touchscreen Issue on Sony Vaio L-Series All-In

Hello L. Davis,
Welcome to the User Discussion forums

Unfortunately since Windows 8 is still in beta we do not have any released drivers for Windows 8. you can try the windows 7 drivers, or the following tips that we provide to users trying to upgrade to 7 from vista. hope these tips help you out.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8254

If you find drivers that will work with your all in one, please share them with others, We agree with you that the new OS is best with a touchscreen.
keep us posted!
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
courtrye

Re: Windows 8 Touchscreen Issue on Sony Vaio L-Series All-In-One

[ Edited ]

USER-963102, Were you able to fix the issue with Window's Update or driver updates or is it still a problem?

Beta software can be tricky sometimes :catsad:

Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.