Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Windows 8

Groovin'
quique
Accepted Solution

Windows 8 recovery media

How I can create recovery media on my Sony VIAO model SVL24127CXB w/ Windows 8 OS.

Please Advice

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
jan2011

Re: Windows 8 recovery media

Hi "quique"  :smileylol:

You are not able to create Recovery Media due to an issue or you don’t know how to create them?

For "How to create", just follow User Guide:

Here all manuals etc. for your PC: Esupport.sony.com (US) - SVL24127CXB - Manuals

Here User Guide (Recovery Media page): Esupport.sony.com - SVL2412_series

https://docs.sony.com/release/QRG_445107111.pdf

“…Creating Recovery Media

You can create Recovery Media using VAIO Care. For detailed information how to create the Recovery Media, refer to the on-screen User Guide. Connect your computer to the Internet and update the computer using VAIO Update before creating the Recovery Media.

You cannot use BD-RE, BD-RE DL, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD-RAM, CD-R, and CD-RW media as Recovery Media.

You can use optical discs and a USB flash drive as Recovery Media. However, it is recommended that you use DVD-R media, since you may accidentally delete the data on the USB flash drive.

The types of media your computer supports, the number of necessary discs, and the capacity of the USB flash drive you need will be displayed during the Recovery Media creation process.

USB ports that are compliant with the USB 3.0 standard do not support recovery with a USB flash drive that is compliant with the USB 3.0 standard. On models without the USB ports that are compliant with only the USB 2.0 standard, be sure to create Recovery Media using the USB flash drive that is not compliant with the USB 3.0 standard. (Except for SVE111)”

Please use plain text.
Garage Band
nohackmove

how about DVD+R DL medias?

what differences for recovery medias between DVD-R and DVD+R

Please use plain text.
MarkCr

Hi nohackmove,

Technically, there's not much difference between the two aside from who supports them. For more information, i came across this link - DVD- vs. DVD+. Hope it helps.

Please use plain text.
Garage Band
nohackmove

I did skip this options because Recovery creation was failing at 84% of burning at the 1st media repeatedly.

So i just saved recovery to flash memory.

If I loose it  I already begin to save some money to purchase recovery stick from repair center of sony. Everything costs in Turkey.

Please use plain text.
MarkCr

have you tried using a third party software to burn your discs or try both dvd+ and dvd- types? Good luck.

Please use plain text.