Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Windows 8

Tuning Up
annwinder
Accepted Solution

bluetooth not working

this morning i had to do a windows 8 'refresh'. among other things my microsoft mouse and keyboard are no longer detected. they were working fine before the refresh. i have a list of apps that were uninstalled, including vaio stuff. i have a vgc-lv150j. how can i recover?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
nielran

Re: bluetooth not working

For some reason my Bluetooth has also stopped working. The device manager under Bluetooth shows it as an "Unknown device". I've tried redownloading the Sony bluetooth drivers but that didn't help. If I go to the Device Manager and tell it to reinstall the driver I get the error message, "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it."

The hardware ids are:

USB\VID_8087&PID_07DA&REV_7869

USB\VID_8087&PID_07DA

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Miguael

Hello,

VGC-LV150J model computer is not supported for the Windows 8 Operating System which you can confirm from here: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/os8upgrade.pl?stage1=24&stage2=809&stage3=vgc-lv150j&month=6&day=27...

In this case, the only option is to go back to the previously installed operating system in your computer.

Regards,

Miguael

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
nielran

My computer, the SVZ131190X, is supported for Windows 8. By going back to a previous restore point, I've discovered that the Bluetooth fails whenever I install the Sony Wireless State driver (recently installed for me by Sony support to resolve an "unknown device" problem). My "fix" is simply not to install the Sony Wireless State driver since it didn't seem to add any functionality anyway.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Makachaka

In Windows 8 Bluetooth device not working because Bluetooth drivers or software not compatible with Windows 8. The main problem is your Bluetooth drivers that’s not compatible in windows 8.

Here Is Your Solution: http://www.wiknix.com/solved-bluetooth-device-not-working-in-windows-8/
Please use plain text.