Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Windows 8

Groovin'
LilDark
Accepted Solution

camera drivers on windows 8?

it has been MONTHS since i bought & upgraded to windows 8, yet my camera is not workin!

i want the driversfor my laptop please anyone help.

vaio S series (VPCSE17FX/B)

thanks

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Miguael

Re: camera drivers on windows 8?

Hi LilDark.

Try performing all the steps mentioned here to troubleshoot the issue with the webcam: http://community.sony.com/t5/Windows-8/Windows-8-camera/m-p/104171#M1863

Note: If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
LilDark

the steps in that link doesn't work with me, when i open win8 camera it tells me "Connect a camera" also i can't find the camera in the device manager.

i made a full format & installed windows 8 again yesterday, the camera worked good and it was in the imagining devices in the device manager, today its not working and its disappered from the device manager!

what should i do?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Miguael

Hi LilDark.

Try performing a complete system recovery once again and check if it works. If the issue persists, contact Sony Service Assistance Team to initiate a repair: http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/service.pl

Note: If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
jwatson

Hi - did you ever get the driver? I have the same problem, the support sites repeatedly tell me to remove and reinstall it with the device manager, and don't listen when I tell them that it isn't there. For me, the problem started when I re-set Windows to the (supposedly) original configuration.

Please use plain text.