Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Windows 8

Tuning Up
boopathi
Accepted Solution

my web cam is not working in windows 8

I use multiple operating system,my web cam working in win 7 but not working in win8.I don't know how to resolve

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Miguael

Re: my web cam is not working in windows 8

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

Try enabling the pre-installed camera app of the Windows 8 Operating System by following all the steps mentioned here: http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/documentLink.do?externalId=C1031530

If you wish to get the Software for the webcam provided by Sony, it is required to purchase the VAIO Upgrade Tool. You can purchase on any of the Sony Store by locating the nearest store to you from here: http://store.sony.com/c/S_SonyStyle_Stores/en/c/S_SonyStyle_Stores  

Regards,

Miguael

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Praneetha

Is it showing that the camera is not connected in windows 8. If so try updating the drivers from the device manager.

Please use plain text.
PeterT

did you try to uninstall ArcSoft in Windows 8?

Sony Community Manager
Sr. Software Engineer
Peter Tat
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
jeremysanchez

my laptop which is Sony Vaio also encountered the same problem as yours. I hope Sony can help us. ;(

Please use plain text.
PeterT

Jeremy,

What is your model? What operating system are you using? Can you give us exact details of your issue?

The more than better....

Sony Community Manager
Sr. Software Engineer
Peter Tat
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
alien2000a

I've got the same issue. my device ise VPCSA24GX. I've made a clean install and everything was working fine except for the well known bugs such as fn keys. But when i original,y installed the OS my camera was working fine. Then the ricoh webcam firmware update came up in esupport website and after installing the firmware update the camera has gone blank. 

Firmware update completed successfully. But although the device is seen in control panel as usb 2.0 camera non of the camera applications pick up the cam and it shows a black screen. I regret trusting and updating with the firmware update from esupport website but i immediately need a fix for this.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
PeterT

alien2000a,

Did you uninstall the ArcSoft webcam application? This application is not supported in Windows 8 because it will block the user from user the camera if the user perform a Windows 8 upgrade from Windows 7.

Sony Community Manager
Sr. Software Engineer
Peter Tat
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
OnlyMy2Cents1

Re: SOLVED | my web cam is not working in windows 8

Follow these steps to get your webcam working in both desktop and metro sides of Windows 8.

1. Go Settings/Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Devices and Printers/Device Manager

2. Go to the Imaging Devices and Disable the webcam

3. Go to Control Panel/Program and find your webcam's DRIVER and uninstall the DRIVER, not the webcam.

4. Shut down your computer; wait 30 seconds and turn it back on. Login and go back to the Device Manager (see steps 1 and 2 above) and then ENABLE the webcam.

This worked like a charm for me on my Fujitsu T5010 built-in webcam. I hope it works for you too.

Please use plain text.