XDCAM - Adobe

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 3 (3,213 Views)

Failing to import MXF files into Adobe Premiere CS6 from FS7

Hello all!  I recently purchased a Sony FS7 and have not had expeirence with MXF fiels up to this point.  I took some test footage ranging from traditional 1080p to 4k.  When I attempt to import to files into premiere the program crashes.  I have a late 2013 macbook pro with a 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 and 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3.  I have read a ton of information about using a conveter, but I have also read that throws out quality.  I am interested in grading in resolve through s-log 3 but I dont know how to render the footage so that I can watch it in real time...  Any help would be appreciated.

Rookie
Message 2 of 3 (3,212 Views)

Re: Failing to import MXF files into Adobe Premiere CS6 from FS7

Additionally I have tried using the media browser but it also crashes there.
ada Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (3,068 Views)

Re: Failing to import MXF files into Adobe Premiere CS6 from FS7

In fact, XAVC video format from Sony PXW-FS7 is a kind of long GOP format which is much highly compressed that can not be accepted by Premiere. To solve this embarrassed situation, you are advised to get a powerful third party program like Brorsoft Video Converter to convert XAVC format to a more editing-friendly format like MPEG-2, which Premiere can recognize and afford easily.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook
Users Online