Welcome to the Community!

XDCAM - Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 1 (597 Views)

New fs5 & fs7 purchase 4 days ago.....fs5 LCD intermittently turns off & on when viewfinder & LCD enabled

I bought fs5 3 or 4 days ago...Wednesday oct 19, 2016....on Friday...the LCD would turn off & on intermittently....I purchased a new fs7 today....so I have fs5 & fs7.....I was quite dissipointed with the LCD on the fs5....that it was turning on /off....so I went through the settings and say I had the output to auto on for the viewfinder & the LCD to come on....so they were on at the same time....I could see the viewfinder no problem...but the LCD kept turning on & off like a short or signal interruption.....I disabled the viewfinder and the LCD stayed on...then to confirm my suspicions I re-enabled the auto function for both LCD/viewfinder to be on at same time....and then the LCD would intermittently turn off/on again....I then disabled the viewfinder and.....like magic....the LCD stayed on....so I think I might have a faulty viewfinder and LCD interlock problem....a short in side the video board or viewfinder keeps interrupting the video signal from being stable on the LCD screen....or something is wrong inside the circuit board....what say you Sony brothers  and sisters....bought units from glazers in Seattle wa....peace....thank you....

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook