Welcome to the Community!

XDCAM - Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 2 (1,495 Views)

Two PXW-X160's with No SDI Output

Last fall I assisted a local school with some needs to upgrade their stadium video scoreboard productions. They already had a Tricaster but wanted to upgrade their cameras to HD since they also webstreamed their games.

I assisted them with purchasing two PXW-X160 camcorders. They used these cameras in the fall for about 15 events (football and soccer). When they returned in the spring to do lacrosse games, it turns out that one of the cameras was not showing up on the Tricaster. No one reported it since they had another camera that was working. Now the second camera is not showing up in the Tricaster.

I stopped on site with my personal NX5U and verified the Tricaster inputs are working. I also had an HD-SDI monitor and it was not displaying any output from the X160.

I verified that all the output settings were what they needed to be and performed a system reset on the cameras. They still are not outputting any SDI signal. HDMI output works.

Any suggestions on what I can try next? It seems unlikely that the hardward on both SDI outputs would fail in so short a time. I notice the user manual suggest plugging in the coax cable between the camera and receiving device BEFORE turning on either device. I cannot be certain, but it's likely at lesat the Tricaster has been turned on before the coax was plugged in to the camera. Could this damage the SDI output hardware?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 2 (1,285 Views)

Re: Two PXW-X160's with No SDI Output

Change the SDI cable - those BNC connector goes bad - I usually throw my cable after 10 - 12 use

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook