Welcome to the Community!

XDCAM - Content Browser

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
Message 1 of 4 (3,406 Views)

XAVC-S support

How about an update to Content Browser that will support the new XAVC-S format in 2K and 4K ?

And a new plugin for AVID that includes this new format.

Richard Boghosian
Bogh AV Productions
USA
Message 2 of 4 (3,372 Views)

Re: XAVC-S support

both are under review but it's unlikely that Browser will get XAVC-S support. i will post an update on this as well as some other software updates shortly.

Expert
Message 3 of 4 (3,348 Views)

Thank you Ian.  I truly wish that Sony would partner with a more capable company other than MainConcept for their software development.  One of the biggest drawbacks to Sony's introduction of their latest codecs is the poor performance/functionality of the products delivered from MainConcept.  In the past I have have dealt directly with them (or should say tried) and their support was abysmal.  Support programs like CB and Raw Viewer are essential tools that allow us not to rely on full edit systems to perform file viewing and format conversions. Especially in the field.  I would certainly pay for a well performing program, and my clients would more readily adapt to these newer codecs, and in turn be more accepting, in fact demanding, of the new Sony cameras using these formats.

Respectfully,

Richard Boghosian
Bogh AV Productions
USA
Expert
Message 4 of 4 (3,248 Views)

Ian,

Thanks for this latest app: Catalyst Browser.  Hoping it does all it's billed

Richard Boghosian
Bogh AV Productions
USA

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook