Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 5 (3,015 Views)

PDW F1600

i.link cable not detecting

Akhtar Khuroo
Message 2 of 5 (2,983 Views)

Re: PDW F1600

Does the deck display PC Remote on the front panel when you connect? Note that there is no video transfer (only data) over firewire on the 1600 unless you have the MPEG TS option.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 5 (2,976 Views)

Sir, We are using it from last two Years.Now from last few days it did not show PC remote or any thing when we connect i link cable.

Akhtar Khuroo
Message 4 of 5 (2,967 Views)

Have you checked all the obvious things such as the cable, changing ports on the Mac, disconnecting other firewire peripherals etc? Also you can look in the Apple System Profiler under 'firewire' and see if it shows up there. If the port on the deck is completely dead you won't see anything listed in the Firewire node of the Apple System Profiler.

I don't think it's your FAM driver because even if this is out of date or not functioning correctly the deck should still go into PC Remote when it senses a live connection. Still, you may want to try reinstalling the latest FAM driver from http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/famdriver , especially if you see the device in the System Profiler but cannot get it to mount. Note that the driver is not yet qualified for Yosemite (10.10).

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 5 (1,133 Views)

Sony changed the i link card inside the VTR and problem solved.

Akhtar Khuroo

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook
Users Online