Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Xperia Tablet

Tuning Up
USER-973655
Accepted Solution

Blinking Blue Light

I know that a blinking Green light tells me that an e-mail is coming in among other things. Now, since updating the OS to 4.0.3, I am getting a blinking Blue light in addition to the Green light (not at the same time.) I have no idea what this blinking blue light means.
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
trilliana161

Re: Blinking Blue Light

So far I have seen two colored blinking lights. Green is random notifications (email, game apps) I have only seen blue when it is a facebook notification (comments as far as I know)
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Hello Everyone,
Thank you for your feedback.
We have escalated this to engineering for review.
Once we have isolated the apps or functions that trigger the Notification lamp to flash blue instead of green we will post it for you here.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-982229

I've had this before the ICS update and it always happened with a Facebook notification...
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Hello Everyone,
As promised we stated once we had tested this further we would give you more. here is the information directly from our Engineering team.

From the factory, the tablet only supports green notification. However, the LED light inside the tablet is a multi-colored LED,
With the release of Android 4.0.3 many 3rd party applications can take advantage of the multicolored LED inside of our tablet.
None of the Sony Applications use any other Color but green at this time

As the previous poster has stated Facebook is one of the applications that use blue.
This application has a setting to use phone LED notification. If you wish to disable blue for this setting uncheck the phone LED notification within the Facebook app settings.

Here are instructions on how to do so if you wish:
1. Launch Facebook App
2. Tap Option or Menu
3. Tap Settings
4. Tap on Phone LED
Please use plain text.