Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Xperia Tablet

USER-981913
Accepted Solution

Blinking Green Light

After my tablet has been asleep for a while, a green light starts blinking next to the power switch. It is about 1 cm in diameter. I chatted with support and she told me it was an indicator that the battery is fully charged and if I turned on the tablet it would stop blinking. I told her that my battery is at 57% and the light only blinks when the tablet has been asleep for a while. This went back and forth for a while before she said she could not help me. Does anyone know what this blinking green light is and how do I turn it off? It's really bright in a dark room. I see two posts on Android Tablet forums but no solutions although some thought it was a gmail notification.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
USER-976196

Re: Blinking Green Light

It's a mail notification and should be able to be turned off by turning off notifications. [press where the time is located] --> [press time again when the display pops up] --> [turn notifications off]. See if that works for you.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
USER-976196

Well I was wrong before but now have it figured out. The green blinking is caused by the Gmail app. It can be turned off though it annoying to do if you have multiple accounts, even if you want them all the same as there is no master setting. The only way I have found for it to always "take" the change is the following.

Open gmail app. In the upper left corner select the account you will be changing the settings on. Back arrow out of gmail app. Open gmail app. Go into settings via upper right button. On the left hand side, choose the account you are wishing to change. Uncheck the first box under the"Notifications" section.

Save yourself time and just do this independently. when I tried to do them all at once, it just didn't work.

Hope this helps...
Please use plain text.
USER-933613

I have turned off all my email notifications and still have the very annoying blinking green light. Any other ideas?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-919587

Can anyone at Sony please provide the answer to this question? So far it has not been answered and I also find the flashing green light extremely annoying; it must have a purpose.....
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Hello Everyone.
Thank you for your posts.
While your tablet is asleep, a notification LED light ( the Green Light) will blink when certain things happen that you may want to know about immediately when they occur.

Any of the following events can cause the LED light to blink:
• Calendar: A scheduled time or date has been reached.
• Desk Clock: A scheduled alarm time has been reached.
(This will be accompanied by an alarm sound)
• Email: A new email is received.
• Social Feed Reader: A new post has been made.
• Gmail: A new email is received.
• Talk (Google Talk): A new message is received.

Most of these events can be changed by accessing the settings
Others such as the social feed reader would require you to remove that app from being monitored to prevent notification as that is one of its key functions.
This will not affect the facebook or twitter app, just the social feed app for notification from both services.

How to remove Facebook from the social feed Reader
http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/micr ... 0406294062

How to remove Twitter from the Social feed Reader
http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/micr ... 0406294062

Calendar:
Tap Apps
Tap Calendar
Tap The Controls drop down in the upper right corner
Tap Settings
Under General Preferences uncheck notifications under “reminder Settings”
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-919587

Thanks for the response. I phoned the Support Desk who provided another solution that I found worked. Download the Light Flow app from the Android Market; it works great.
Please use plain text.