Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Xperia Tablet

Garage Band
PS3_Launch_Owne

Google Play Putting Our Devices At Risk

The following link details how being constantly connected to the Google Play Services is actually VERY dangerous and allows one's device to be taken over via Obad Trojan:

http://blog.avast.com/2013/06/17/androidobad-malware-gets-smarter-so-does-avast/

What has Sony done to insure their consumer security on the Google Play Store/Service?  Does Sony support downloading of their Android Apps WITHOUT having to connect to the google Play Store?

The scond question is MUCH, MUCH more important; as my device just became a very LIMITED $500 tablet if Sony bows down to the Google Empire.  We can use Opera Apps on our TV's and some other Android App producers are insuring their apps are available on the Opera Mobile store.

PLEASE INSURE I CAN DOWNLOAD ALL SONY BRANDED ANDROID APPS WITHOUT HAVING TO PUT A PERMANENT HOLE IN MY ENTIRE NETWORK.

If you readthe article, it details how an attacker can gain access to one's entire network and not just the Android device.

Please use plain text.