Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Xperia Tablet

USER-946599
Accepted Solution

Google Play Store has Stopped

I have upgrade my OS to 4.0.3 version. I try to download some apps but there is an error message "Google Play Store has Stopped". As a result, I can install any new app now.

Could anyone help or answer me?

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Re: Google Play Store has Stopped

Hello,
Welcome to the User Discussion Forums,
We have tested with several tablets and have downloaded music and applications from the store and they are currently operating properly.
Please attempt a soft reset to your tablet
http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/micr ... d=C1023464

We also suggest checking your version of the Google Play store,
Tap the menu icon in the top right corner (it appears as 3 dots)
Select settings and scroll down to build version
You should have version 3.5.19 installed
If version 3.5.19 is not installed please check your updates, within Google play by pressing the icon with the down arrow in the upper right corner
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-945980

I am having the same problem. I am running android 4.0.3 and the google play version 3.5.19. When ever I try and download an app I get error google play has stopped working. and every time I try and open it I get same error. if i clear catch I can open google play again but get the same result as soon as i try and download anything. I have tried to do a soft reset with no help and am hoping to avoid a factory reset. I also get the error "process android.process.media has stopped" shortly after every time I start up my table but dont know if that is an unrelated issue.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Hello,
Here are some steps you can try that may help.

1) Do a speed test and ping test,
http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/micr ... d=C1013044

how are your speeds?
if you have a good transfer rate, Try from a different network/internet connection.
Please note some free WiFi Hotspots may restrict other than web browsing
A hotspot is not the best location for testing.

2) Try “clear data” and “clear cache” in Settings-> Apps -> Google Play store
you will likely have to log back into your Google account.

3) if that does not work… try uninstalling the updates in Settings -> Apps -> Google Play to roll Google Play back to Google Market and then reinstall the updates.

If none of these steps help we suggest contacting support for deeper troubleshooting option. http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/suppor ... ype_id=110
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-945980

Clearing catch was no help because I would have the problem again every time I tried to do a download but uninstalling all google play updates and then re installing them fixed the problem. If any one else has the problem I recommend that fix!
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Good news!
Thank you for checking back with us to let us know your Google Play issue has been resolved.
Please use plain text.