Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Xperia Tablet

Top 40 Artist

Re: Jelly Bean Update Problems on Xperia S Tablet

JB 4.2.2 rolling out for the Xperia Tablet Z (xperiablog). Shame on you SONY for making such a distinction between the 2 top of the line tablets! I guess it's the difference between VAIO and SONY MOBILE.

Top 40 Artist

Well I don't care.
For me it's a Sony.
Top 40 Artist

You're absolutely right and I totally agree with you. It's just for VAIO to notice how lazy and unsupporting they are, especially when compared with other teams inside the same company.
Top 40 Artist

Time to time I am checking this foorum but still the same. No future for XTS...Or am I wrong RyanC?? Still believe that I am...

The latest announcement that I received is that the Clock Drift update is scheduled for release around the end of August.

Top 40 Artist

Thanks for reaction. Still keep hope .-)
Top 40 Artist

Us can only have hopes but................

We need an official announcement from Sony.

Japan, USA, Europe any.

This device will be updated to a newer version of Android or not?

It's not a dificult answer because it's not a difficult decision.

I like how Sony is supporting new devices and the differences of threatment of my 9 months old device is what makes me dissapointed. I want the same treatment.

I'm not saying solving the problems of the two months (delayed 6 months before) Update.

My device is usable but I want to be informed to decide if I keep a 4.1.1 device or look other way to get an updated device, if that's what I want.

Other cuestion, is Sony`s  plan to launch a new tablet by December a quit updating the Xperia Tablet Z, like is doing with Xperia Tablet S?

Top 40 Artist

You are absolutely right. This is why I still trying to get answer. Will wait till Sept and let's see. If there will be no update or unlocked bootloader (still don't understand why it is not unlocked - community could do the job of Sony...) than most probably next Nexus 10 (especially if it will be Asus made)will be my next tablet.

Top 40 Artist

Another cuestion.

We are not getting the new updated media apps of Sony?

Movie, Album and Walkman are 4.2.2 exclusives?

I don't understand, why not realese them to all Sony devices?

Read that except Walkman they work with 4.1.2 so that's not the case of our Xperia Tablet S that's in 4.1.1 another thing I don't understand. 

Movie, Album and Walkman are not exclusive to 4.2.

Here are the release notes for 4.1.1.