Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Xperia Tablet

Tuning Up
Zer0K3wL
Accepted Solution

My xperia tablet s shutsdown least 3 times a day during video playback in browser

Does't matter which browser i use either. It just freeze then shutdown when i touch my screen. This is a android 4.0.3 issue but sony won't listen or tell anything about it. I known androi 4.0.4 fixes it what i don't get is why sony release the tablet with 4.0.3 instead its just lazy. I known jellybean is 2e week off febuari but then you guy's pulled video if lost my patience already plz hurry up release jellybean or i might have to take legal action. Sending tablet over for rma is pointless anyone if known that did have had their tablet returned in same state they send it with no fix or anything just being told its software issue......
Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Zer0K3wL

Re: My xperia tablet s shutsdown least 3 times a day during video playback in browser

Oke apearntly i am posting in the wrong section sony from youtube send me here.

I have little sugestion fire them at sonylistens cous THEY DON'T LISTEN!

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Zer0K3wL

Re: My xperia tablet s shutsdown least 3 times a day during video playback in browser

[ Edited ]

No answer i won't tolerate that

Here's a review off this tablet

http://www.netquake.net/2012/09/review-of-sony-xperia-tablet-s-good-design-but-some-software-problem...

And here's important part in the review

The biggest problem of the Sony Xperia Tablet S tablet are the software bugs that can make a pretty bad impression. Such bugs are random shutdown of the web browser, the fact that the Wi-Fi connection doesn’t get activated sometimes ( and you have to restart the tablet ), the fact that it doesn’t recover from Sleep mode the first time you press the button and other similar problems.

The good news is that Sony is working on fixing these problems.

review 30 sept

wow 4 month's and you did't fix these issues yet?

SONY WTF YOU DOING ?

Shame on you Sony shame on you.......

i hope their update verry soon

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

[ Edited ]

Hello zero,

Welcome to the Sony community forums.

If you require immediate assistance from sony please contact  phone support for24/7 service.

This is a Community forum  designed for users to ask one another questions. If the community has not responded within a few days, we do our best to step in and try to help.

We have tested the United States model Tablets and have not experienced the shut down issue you are encountering.

Also note our forum community is primarily for North America, however we do try to support other english speaking areas not including Europe, as they have their own exclusive  community ( linked below)

We do see there are active topic threads  On the Sony Europe Forums actively discussing the same issue you are having, perhaps a specific  app is being downloaded over there that may be causing the shut downs, however this is only speculation.

please visit the Sony Europe Forums Here.

Sony Netherlands Community forums: http://www.sony.nl/discussions/community/nl/support?lang=nl

as well as the Sony Europe English Community here: http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/community/en/support?lang=en

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
alkhemista

Incredible, you say you 'tested' these Tablets and havent experienced the shutdown issue whereas we, (the consumers), have already pretty much declared that this is a widespread, unresolved issue dealing with the FIRMWARE. I bought this expensive tablet with expectations of it being 'mine', meaning, to do what I wish with it. The inability to unlock my bootloader and the constant blocking of root is riduclous and the excuses you guys give, even more so. But the lack of FIX's for software, that is pretty much unofficially declared in the development community as BROKEN, well that takes the cake. If your division wont fix these problems then give please allow us to fix it ourselves with an unlocked bootloader. Get with the times. This Tablet has potential.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
USER-925161

I have to agree , my tablet s has been doing this since it was on honeycomb. Wifi finially works since the 5a update but sleep of death and random shut downs seem to be much more frequent since that update. I can set the tablet down just long enough for it to shut the screen off and then have to wait for it to restart. 

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Zer0K3wL2

For some reason i cant login this forum anymore my e-mail i registered account on don't exist on this forum while i keep getting forum updates.

I made this new account just to say that if recorded the issues i have during video playback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulICmJg20e8

This is what i get before it actualy shutdown.

If now made new video where tablet also shuts down and showing the same glitch in a different video player app.

Plz take this issue verry seriously cous if this ain't fixed i will sue sony to get it fixed.

I payed for perfectly working tablet not garbage one.

Apart from these issues tablet is perfect.

So plz fix these issues so i can be proud owner off this tablet cous atm i feel scammed.

I will post link off video where it also shuts down in few minuts after i edited out huge chunk out off the video.

re producing this bug is simple just open browser video site skip thru video's like i do in the link i provided, This bug ain't limited to browser it happends in every app that has any video playback ability.

Default browser this issue is less common while chrome and chrome beta firefox dolphin browser etc all have issue asswell but more common.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Zer0K3wL2

If sony wonder why i would sue its verry simple.

Sony is the only one that has tablet on market with universal remote i love this remote their no alternatives.

If i put aside the fact off remote their is asus they have no quality control i refuse buy asus tablet.

Google nexus is made by again asus i refuse to buy due non existant asus quality control they contain 1 dead pixel least on tablet unless your lucky screw that.

Samsung has had their foot high in my ****** i don't like them their warranty is the worst on planet.

Then their not much left.

Anyway i spend 400E on tablet 100E on a stand 50E on book cover.

I have awesome 3D tv from sony the hx750 46 inch vision

I expect some service from sony if they think they can ignore the fact that this issue exist then their making huge mistake.

I sugest people to try re produce this bug on their tablet and record it because if seen people that have their browsers look totaly corrupt like needles and artifacts everywhere.

This ain't normal.

I known jellybean is supose to come out this week i hope it fixes it but if it does't sony will have lot off heat in their neck.

and i won't give up untill its fixed.

Anyway like i say'd without this issue tablet is perfect and their no better tablet on the market.

So plz FIX IT!

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Zer0K3wL2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-XluKRvNa8 new vid where also shutsdown for some reason old one procesed but did't update so had save it as new copy.

Link is up vid still procesing tough.

I hope sony will take this issue serious now like say'd most people i known with this tablet have the issue.

People without issues also exist but its rare

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Zer0K3wL2

Come on sony give us a update will you guy's adress this and fix this asap ?
or is already adressed long time ago and will this be fixed with comming update this week jellybean ?

Please use plain text.