Xperia Tablet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 9 (4,082 Views)

S Table SGPT1112 got liquid leak on LCD from inside

Hi All,

My Sony S Tablet SGPT 1112 got some kind of liquid leak spot on upper right LCD. I open my tablet case, but the lcd case is dry, so it must be inside the LCD. Its getting bigger and behind that there is area with brighter color.

Is that SONY defect LCD? cause i never have problem with another LCD monitors/hp/tablet like this before.

Is anyone has problem like this?

Regards

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 9 (3,445 Views)

Re: Tablet S SGPT1112 got liquid leak on LCD from inside

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. Tablet SGPT111US/S SN 27550100 0017149

It started in Feb 2015 with a kind of bubble inside the LCD display, but the tablet worked normally.

By Set 2015 it started to leak at the bottom side. A very sticky liquid came out. A real mess.

Picture: http://s10.postimg.org/8moxusrhl/leak.jpg

Sony: “Is this liquid TOXIC?”

I kept cleaning it with paper towels and the unit kept working, however with different luminosity in the bubble/non bubble areas.

In Dec 2015 the tablet started to black out the display intermittently and begin of Feb 2016 the display died totally!

The side LEDs (charging, notification,etc.) continue to operate and I assume that the logic is functioning but the display is dead.

I am wondering if there are many more people with this problem. If so, please add your case to this forum.

Rookie
Message 3 of 9 (3,147 Views)

Re: S Table SGPT1112 got liquid leak on LCD from inside

Did you find any solution mate??

pls tell me I have got the same issue

Rookie
Message 4 of 9 (3,143 Views)

I'm big fan of sony since sony walkman, all my tv is sony trinitron. start to dissapointed at 2006 with sony mini hifi, and i still have 1 bravia led that have bug with external drive.

i bought this tablet at aug 2012, sony doing nicely job by locking this tablet from any further upgrade on september 2012!!!...and stop any support at march 2013, OMG!!!

So i just start to avoid all sony products now.

i suggest you buy a new tablet, cause there is no support at all.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 9 (2,607 Views)

I share your opinion. STAY AWAY from SONY

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 9 (1,870 Views)

I also share you view. Stay away from Sony for consumer products. I dumped my Sony and moved to Samsung.

Rookie
Message 7 of 9 (1,785 Views)

I have the same issue too since several months. And I have not found any response here by any Sony representative to explain and provide solution for this issue.

If anyone got the solution please let us know

Rookie
Message 8 of 9 (1,062 Views)

Same problem! I noticed the LCD bubble slowly expanding about a year ago, but the gooky stuff coming out of the tablet seams, just a couple days ago. I don't use my tablet that often anymore. The goo has leaked all over the charging dock. What a mess! Can this LCD be changed / repair? I would love to keep my tablet for longer!
Message 9 of 9 (1,026 Views)

Hi Gutmaster,

Welcome to Sony Community!

On this site, we are able to provide assistance for customers in North America, Latin America, and Asia Pacific. For further assistance regarding your product, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,
-Jay

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook