Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Xperia Tablet

Top 40 Artist
Zer0K3wL2
Accepted Solution

Sony Xperia Tablet Update - Jelly Bean

[ Edited ]

The customer Experience Improvement Program is ******................ What about other country's ?

What about info you promised in less then a week ?

What about jelly bean ?

Please use plain text.
PeterT

Re: Sony Xperia Tablet Update - Jelly Bean

Zer0K3wL2 ,

I would like to request that you stop using profanity within this Community.

2nd I would like to apologize for the delay in response. I am still trying to reproduce your issue but it has proven a little difficult.

3rd Jelly bean should be release for the Xperia Tablet end of April or May of this year.

4th Please post your questions on the correct thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sony Community Manager
Sr. Software Engineer
Peter Tat
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
minimoke

Thanks for the ETA on the jelly bean update PeterT:-)

Apart from the video playback issues and a couple of wi-fi dropout issues I think the Xperia Tablet S is an awesome device!
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Zer0K3wL2

[ Edited ]

Would have been better off not giving eta at all now i'm more upset then ever, strongly considering returning my tablet to sony for a refund, i'm entitled a refund if sony can't fix this issue within 4 weeks acording to law.

I'm obviously also verry upset at some point i'm gonna stop caring and just go overboard and return the tablet for full refund.

You can't just expect me to wait month's btw just to get issues with shutdowns and other stuff to be fixed.

Plz just hurry up the update stop delaying it make it top priority, or you lose me as loyal customer, not that if ever been one tough defiantly won't become one the way i'm treated now.

Maybe its time also to investigate perhaps incase can't re produce issue and recall range off tablets thats having this issue because their ****** lot people on xda developer forum that have same issues i am having exact same way.

We tryit factory resets and did't work if went so far to just do factory reset 5 times with one time not changing anything out off box or installing not even one app.

still was having issues.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Zer0K3wL2

Btw i'm expecting a update verry soonish within a week to fix these shutdowns don't care if its jellybean update or not.

these issues are all the more reason to rush the next update.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
vatis24

Thanks Peter for the update on ETA of Jellybean , but i can not hold longer with this terrible tablet.

I am facing the well known problems for a long time now and because i am using the tablet mostly for work , tablet can not help me making my life harder . Middle of presentations to my customer and Boom , tablet turn off by itself. Sorry guys lets take a break 5 minutes so tablet will boot again ! Also the wifi problems its a pain !

I believe i am a very good Sony customer spended a lot and lots of money for your products but unfortuantly Sony'ssupport its not what i was expected and every time i am getting into the same trap.

I switch to Samsung on mobile phones and i am more than happy for the support and i put my self into the trap again and bought Sony again !

So it was totally my mistake.

Anyway tablet on sale and you have one more dissapointed customer.

Its not yout fault Peter dont get me wrong ,

Cheers all

Farewell

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
nfcec

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon

First of all, as Sony representative on this matter, PeterT should be apologize for the delay and all the inconvenience caused to the customers and, by no means, start to repreend the ton or language used by some users. Guess what, if you do as you should, no  one would ever need to talk like that. The way Sony is treating their tablet costumers, I can only assume one of two things: they don't care about the money we spent buying their product and don't care about liying; they don't use their own products (at least not this ****** ICS 4.0.3 6b). I bought my XTS with the promise that JB was coming soon after launch and it's already been 5 months since it did. Do you get what 5 months mean on this industry? By the time JB will, if it turns out to be true, be released (and if it will be 4.1.2) it already will be outdated by far (Google I/O shall present Key Lime Pie on May). But, the most outrageous thing is that, first, it was coming out in February (which is a long way when that was announced in November... what were you doing all day for the last 3 months?) and now you say end of April or May and I shall accept it without losing my nerve and be extremely polite when all you give is ignorance and mistreatment? I wouldn't mind if Sony didn't promise and used the JB release as a marketing strategy to deceive me and lead me to buy it. But most of all, and what seems that you folks don't understand, it that the tablet has many problems when it relies on this 4.0.3... the screen flickers when watching movies, it has issues with youtube, wi-fi doesn't work properly and so on. That makes it useless and not worthy not even half than what I paid for. Shame on you on all that matters your tablets.

P.S.1: If the Xperia Tablet Z is already running Android 4.1.2 why can't you release it for the XTS too right now?

P.S.2: vatis it is PeterT's fault since he is Senior Software Engineer so no need for apologies.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
vivy4012

[ Edited ]

just to say I'm facing the same issus (shut down and freeze during video payback mostly with Sony video app) and I'm totaly agree with previous posts.

It is a non sens to wait one complete year to provide Jelly Beans update while the first device to get it was a tegra 3 device!!!!

All wright, Sony made a customisation on the firmware but I'm not sure it is so long.

The shut down issue is realy a major problem and a company like Sony should work on it a time ago looking at all people facing the problem, it is realy not customer specific.

I'm facing the problem 1 or 2 time a day with no specific link to an application and it can append at any time. I realy love this tablet and I deal with this problem for the moment but I think too that it is not acceptable.

Please make real communication on the shut down issue, on the Tablet S first gen update.

If nothing more is plan for the table S, will it be possible to open the boot loader as Sony does for some of the xperia mobiles.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
USER-925161

n you said it better than anyone else, couldnt agree with you more!

Please use plain text.
PeterT

All,

As I have mention to Zer0K3wL2, I am working to root causing the shut down issue. Once we can pinpoint the issue we can then look at the solution type for this issue.

For Jelly Bean release for Xperia tablet, it will be sometime end of april or the following month. There is nothing I can do to bring that in any closer.

I mention that people should not use profanity on this community because there are children who come to this community and it would be a bad experience for kids to see those type of language on the community.

I have no problem with people venting their frustration and issue. I am here to try to solve those issue.

I'll update everyone once we are closer to understanding the root cause of this issue.

Sony Community Manager
Sr. Software Engineer
Peter Tat
Please use plain text.