Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Xperia Tablet

Groovin'
saf4sony
Accepted Solution

Walkman App Stopped Working After Update - How do I Fix?

After I did Release6b update on my Xperia Tablet S, SGPT123US/S, the Walkman App has stopped working and I cant figure out how to fix.

I just get a dialog box that says 'Unfortunately, Walkman has stopped' with an 'OK' select button every time I try to run the App.

Anyone know how to fix?

Thanks for the help.....

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Zer0K3wL2

Re: Walkman App Stopped Working After Update - How do I Fix?

try clear data on the app or uninstall updates, then update again.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
saf4sony

Thanks for the advice....I did what you suggest on the app and no luck.

I really dont want to uninstall update and do it all over again though...if I can avoid it.

Somehow I think this has something to do with after the update I tried to use a titanium backup to fix walkman and when that didnt work I did a factory reset and that fixed all the other missing apps except for walkman....so I just need to find out somehow what titanium backup did etc....I can see the appropriate files in the vendor and vendor0 folders so maybe I just need to change a permission or id or something??? I'm new at this. You got any more ideas...thanks.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Zer0K3wL2

just do it you lose nothing, would you rather factory reset, and re learn all remotes?

Please use plain text.
Garage Band
Jack143

Hey! Why don't you try Android reset once. This will resolve this issue. Later you can again install the android update properly.

Check the steps on their support page.

esupport.sony.com

Check below page for available steps to reset Android.

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=C1032422

Post again if it works!

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
saf4sony

[ Edited ]

I did a factory reset, twice in fact. I forgot to say that in the opening post. It restored the other missing apps I lost after the update but not the Walkman app.

I hosed the walkman app somehow when I tried to use my titanium backup to restore the walkman app.

When the titanium backup I had failed to restore the walkman app I did the factory reset and that's when all the other missing apps were restored except for the walkman app.

So basically that only leaves the suggestion of rolling back the tablet to an earlier release and reapplying release6b that I have not tried yet and not sure I want to or if even possible.

Thanks for help though I would like to hear another solution before I try to roll back the update though.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Zer0K3wL2

Check in the app list at settings > apps then click all and scroll down all the way to the bottom see if its disabled.

If so click the app and then click enable

You can bassicly enable anything thats disabled if this is the case.

Otherwise you probably ran into same issues other where having needing to return it for warranty rare bug.

Their been people with missing remote app asswell.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
saf4sony

FIXED!!!! Not exactly sure exactly why it worked because I'm pretty sure I did this before....and even before I did a Factory Reset??

First off I tried everything suggested here...right after the update, before the factory reset, and then again after you folks re-suggested and nothing worked.

Well, I snooped around and after comparing ro.sony.build.id numbers I tried to reinstall the Walkman App from the vendor1 folder, only because it looked like the id numbers matched up, and that didnt work. So I tried to install it from the vendor0 folder and lo and behold it now works, at least for the moment as it has survived a shut down and restart so I think I'm good to go.....

As for why the vendor0 over the vendor1 folder location I sure dont know as that would be an answer someone above my pay grade would maybe know. As for why it worked now, when I'm pretty sure I tried it a while ago...one thing I might have done different this time was I think I had cleared cache and stopped and disabled the Walkman App before I tried to install from vendor0 this time around??? Cant remember for sure.

Anyway, problem solved....thanks for all your help.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Zer0K3wL2

glad you managed to fix it, it would be pain to rma tablet just for missing app.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
saf4sony

Yeah big pain......Sony should have a way to download and update and fix just the vendor apps from their website.

Please use plain text.