Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (1,514 Views)
Accepted Solution

IR blaster does nothing on my X700D

Is it common for these things to be defective out of the box, or am I missing something? My audio system (Pioneer SP-SB23W) is in the database during setup, but nothing happens when I try vol up/down on the Sony remote (or in the TV Sideview app) even when I hold both little blaster nubs right in front of the sound bar. The sound bar still responds to its own remote. No idea what I did wrong. All I want is to be able to use the little volume keys in the remote app notification to control the sound bar volume :/
Expert
Message 2 of 3 (1,496 Views)

Re: IR blaster does nothing on my X700D

If you want to check that it is sending IR at all or which direction it is sending, some phone or PC cameras will show it as light in a video.  Test with a known/working remote first though - my iphone would not show it, but a windows laptop would.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (1,488 Views)

Re: IR blaster does nothing on my X700D

Thanks for the tip; wouldn't have thought of that. My regular remote shows up on the camera but nothing from the nubs. Guess I should see about getting Sony to send me a replacement.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook