4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (901 Views)
Accepted Solution

[Solved] KD-49X9000E showing error "System software update keeps stopping" on first boot

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Bought a brand new KD-49X9000E yesterday, installation done today and when turned the TV on for the first time, after the Android boot logo, I am constantly seeing the message "System software update keeps stopping" and a "Close app" button below it. 

The guy who installed couldn't figure out the issue and told me that someone from the technical team will get in touch tomorrow.

I tried the following troubleshooting:

1) Press and hold power button on remote for more than 5 seconds, TV factory resets and reboots.

2) Downloaded PKG6.2508.0051PAA, and copied the .pkg file to a USB drive and restarted the TV.

Nothing seems to work. Any other ideas guys?

Message 2 of 3 (818 Views)

Re: KD-49X9000E showing error "System software update keeps stopping" on first boot

Hi Amey0123,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We're sorry to hear about what happened. For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/locale-selector?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,
~Ralph

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (796 Views)

Re: KD-49X9000E showing error "System software update keeps stopping" on first boot

Resolved it myself. Here's what it did.

1) Downloaded the latest software update package and unzipped the .pkg file to the root folder of a USB drive and plugged it into the TV

2) Unplugged the TV

3) Held Power and Volume Down buttons on the TV and plugged TV. Kept the buttons pressed until a colourful circle was seen

TV rebooted and the home launcher appeared after several minutes.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook