Welcome to the Community!

4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 71 of 78 (993 Views)

Re: XBR65X850C keeps on rebooting

Hello all. I also have the same issues with my xbr55 850c. I'm fully updated; prior to the update I had random reboots once every couple of weeks, but following the most recent January Android 7.0 update, the reboots issue occurs every 2 days or so. I have mostly witnessed it occurring on hdmi, but even built in apps have triggered it. I have performed all the typical fixes the no avail. I have factory reset/ formatted, as well as clear cache. Recently I limited the number of background apps to 4, and turned off Chromecast. This has helped a bit, instead of rebooting every day, it's now rebooting every 2 or 3 days. I sincerely hope that a new update to clear these bugs will be released soon, because we do love this TV. The update has made the system more snappy and I think the hdr handling from 4k Blu Rays looks even better than before.
Rookie
Message 72 of 78 (904 Views)

[ Edited ]

Same here on a KD-55XD8599.  Running firmware PKG3.925.0140EUB.

Every 2-3 days the TV will reset and power off.   I can be watching TV via antenna, via sattelite box, through Netflix app or it can be online using the built in apps. No warning, just freeze, sound cust out and resets.

Factory rest been done twice, no difference.  Cut out again today watching DVD.

Never did this prior to the last firmwae update.  Anyone have a link to the last release I can downgrade using USB or online to? At least that was stable and didnt shut down

Enthusiast
Message 73 of 78 (775 Views)

I'm not sure you can downgrade to the previous firmware without doing some sort of rooting of the system, if that's possible at all. At least that's the rule with typical OEM android devices, so I would assume that's the rule with these TVs. I'm hoping Sony will release a fix soon. I've heard on reddit that some people have had no issues at all, though it seems that the majority are having issues, and those with the issues have found nothing to work properly. There was one person I replied to that stated that following a factory reset that they no longer had issues; he said he's only got a receiver directly hooked to the system via hdmi and he only uses netflix and channels with wifi disabled (so ethernet). I've begun disabling as many apps as possible and force closing as many others as possible. Apps such as sony select, google music, albums, contacts, calendar...basically anything that's not necessary. 

Rookie
Message 74 of 78 (732 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks brjoce.  Tried all of those suggestions and still restting every few days.  Just did it again an hour ago. This time watching Netflix. Sound cut out, remote wouldnt work then it shuts down and restarts itself.  

If anyone has a dowload link where I can access older releases of software please post.

Enthusiast
Message 75 of 78 (702 Views)

Mine is doing the same thing, rebooting every few days and random.  Started after the latest update.

Sony:  Where’s the fix?

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 76 of 78 (368 Views)

I would like to add that my XBR75X850D is having the same issue.  Since the last update (I'm current on updates) the TV seems to crash while off (indicator light is red) and will randomly reboot while watching the TV. 

Enthusiast
Message 77 of 78 (30 Views)

I had the same frustrations.

This has 100% fixed it for me:

In menu, go to apps. I found four or five apps I never use (like cracle tv) and uninstalled them or disabled them (when they were inbuilt). Haven't had any issues since. Not sure if i got lucky and disabled an app that was causing some sort of error or if it's just a lack of memory in the tv.
Enthusiast
Message 78 of 78 (29 Views)

This has 100% fixed it for me:

In menu, go to apps. I found four or five apps I never use (like cracle tv) and uninstalled them or disabled them (when they were inbuilt). Haven't had any issues since. Not sure if i got lucky and disabled an app that was causing some sort of error or if it's just a lack of memory in the tv (which would be bloody annoying given it cost nearly 3000 bucks!!).

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook