4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 16 (1,881 Views)
Accepted Solution

XBR75X850D periodically reboots to the Sony and Android logo While using any APP

I purchased it around April 2017 and it started randomly rebooting at least once per use since it upgraded the firmware. It does not go into a loop like others have reported.

It will only reboot when you are actually accessing an app or if you hit pause. It never seems to reboot while video is playing.

It did reboot once while I was switched over to the HDMI input and watching TV but it only did that once.

I have not contacted support because I see all these generic suggestions and so many people posting that they do not resolve the issue.

Sony, please resolve this soon. From the behavior, it acts like software. If it were hardware, I would think that it would reboot while video is playing as well. I keep expecting an update to resolve it since it began with the last update. That, again, suggests that the issue is software related.

PLEASE let us know if and how you will address this issue! I REALLY REGRET BUYING THIS TV!!!! All I see is that Sony techs do not have a clue how to fix it and they just keep telling people to reset the unit. It's like a bad episode of "The IT Crowd".

Thanks

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 16 (1,582 Views)

Re: XBR75X850D periodically reboots to the Sony and Android logo While using any APP

But first they had me reset the unit. After a week it started doing it again. So they send a tech out who replaced the main board. So far so good but I'm not breaking out the champagne yet :-)
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 16 (1,581 Views)

Re: XBR75X850D periodically reboots to the Sony and Android logo While using any APP

I'm in the same boat, coming up on a year with this TV and feel like I'm stuck now. I would get reboots watching Netflix or when my kids are playing Xbox and just about 5 mins ago just watching a football game. I thought it was a previous firmware issue but just updated to the new firmware and nope I still get the random reboots. Not what I expected from a $3,000 Sony TV. Hopefully someone from Sony can take a good look at this and solve the problem.

Message 4 of 16 (1,491 Views)

Hi Tommygun,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Our apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused. In this issue, you need to reset the power supply of your television.

To isolate and resolve the issue, you can check the troubleshooting steps from this link.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75856.

Regards,
-Jay

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 16 (1,462 Views)

Well I have to admit that replacing the mainboarf seems to have fixed the issue and they were quick to handle it. I waited long time to contact support because I read online that they would not fix it. That is simply not my experience. 2 calls and a tech visit seems to have fixed it.
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 16 (1,451 Views)

Unfortunately it looks like it's still doing the reboot. Lasted about 2 days and boom right back to the rebooting.
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 16 (1,439 Views)

Did they replace the mainboard?
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 16 (1,435 Views)

No I'll have to call today, all I did was the reset that Jay posted in this thread.
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 16 (1,426 Views)

The reset does not work but once you can tell them you did that, they will send out a tech to replace the mainboard. They may make you do the reset with them on the phone but be patient and they will take care of you.
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 16 (1,401 Views)

Yea so spoke with the customer rep and once I get them over a copy of my receipt via email they will call me and let me know what the next steps will be.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook