Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 1 of 2 (6,008 Views)

bravia tv will not accept password for router

I bought the tv about a month ago--it connected to my (fios) router with no problems.  I just upgraded the router and it keeps telling me that the password is incorrect.  Two items that I have noted--the old router used a wpa password, the new router uses a wpa2 password, but the tv asks for a wpa password.  Is the tv expecting a wpa password and unable to accept a wpa2 password?  Shouldn't the tv be able to identify what kind of password is needed?  Second issue I noted--everytime I get to the screen to enter the password, there are characters already entered (all i see are x's).  I have tried entering my password in addition to this garbage as well as deleting the garbage first and then entering my password.  Neither works.

I can connect to the new password with my other internet devices.  This is the only tv I have that connects to the internet.

Message 2 of 2 (5,978 Views)

Re: bravia tv will not accept password for router

Hi mikemaster,

Please try to reset the TV to the factory default settings and run the network settings again.

Follow the steps here.,66/kw/reset/session/L3RpbWUvMTQxNzk4MzI...

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook