Welcome to the Community!

Alpha NEX Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (283 Views)

Diagonal lines on the image in processing.

Glad to be here and hope I can get some answers. I recently switched from Canon to Sony and I have a A6000 and love it. I took some pictures the other day and when I processed them in Photoshop CC Camera raw, I saw some diagonal lines in the background when zoomed in. Can anyone explain why I have these. For info, I shoot with a Canon 70D with the sames lenses. I purchaed a lens adapter and it works well. The lines don't happen on exevry image. Hope someone has an answer. Thanks.

Message 2 of 3 (251 Views)

Re: Diagonal lines on the image in processing.

Hi Edge5050,

We recommend using Sony Image Data Converter or Capture One Pro 10 Imaging Software (for Sony) when processing RAW files.

Sony Image Data Converter:

http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/disoft/int/idc/index.html

Capture One Pro 10 Imaging Software (for Sony):

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Products/Software/Capture-One-for-Sony/Sony-Pro.aspx

Although you can use 3rd party lenses with the help of 3rd party lens adapters, Sony can't guarantee 100% compatibility/functionality of 3rd party lenses/adapters. 

You may also try using a Sony lens instead of 3rd party lens. Then check if the diagonal lines on the image in processing still appear.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Regards,

-Anthony

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (214 Views)

Re: Diagonal lines on the image in processing.

I tried the same lens on Canon. No lines. I did use my Sony lenses but I don't have anything bigger than the 210mm. I found no lines. Just seems odd that when I use a quality Sigma on my A6000 I get lines but on my Canon I don't. I used the software but the lines are still there. I think the Sony just doesn't like the Sigma.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook