Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Alpha NEX Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 8 (544 Views)

Sony A6300 no AF-A, AF Drive Speed, AF Track Sens after repair at Precision Camera

Recently I discovered my camera gives me purple artifacting when recording video. I contacted Sony and they told me to send in my camera for repair at Precsion Camera Repair, because the camera are still under warranty. They repaired my camera, and yesterday i got it back from them. The articfacting is gone and i can record video with no isues. But now i have another problem. I am unable to select AF-A on my camer, it gives me an error saying unsupported lens. I tested it with SELP1650 kit lens as well with SELP55210 that i bought with my camera. I know that it worked perfectly before i send it in for repairs.

The problem is that i live in South Africa, and the warranty are only valid in the US, which resulted me couriering the camera to them. I really dont want to pay for the courier costs again, because i feel they broke it so they have to pay for the courier costs. 

Do you guys have any suggestions of what it could be, or what should i do next?

Regards

Retief Strydom

Message 2 of 8 (486 Views)

Re: Sony A6300 no AF-A, AF Drive Speed, AF Track Sens after repair at Precision Camera

[ Edited ]

Hi Retief,

Please try to reset the camera settings to factory defaults.

Initialize the camera:

MENU → (Setup) → [Setting Reset] → [Initialize].

Manual reset:

1. Power off the camera.
  2. Remove the battery pack.
  3. Turn on/hold the power button for 1-2 minutes (without the battery).
  4. Reinsert the battery pack.
  5. Power on the camera.

You may also find this link helpful:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30817/.

For further assistance, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region at http://www.sony-asia.com/locale-selector?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Regards,

-Anthony

Rookie
Message 3 of 8 (484 Views)

Re: Sony A6300 no AF-A, AF Drive Speed, AF Track Sens after repair at Precision Camera

Thanks Friends. 

I have the same question as you. Thanks for your answer. I did it

Professional
Message 4 of 8 (461 Views)

"Remove the button-sized lithium battery."!?!?!

Can you provide a little more detail, please?

¹ The Lens is the Thing
² 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 8 (458 Views)

I did fully reset the camera as well as reinitialize, but still no af-a. I contacted Precision Camera Repair and they told me to reship the camera back to them. Hope they will get this sorted out

Message 6 of 8 (441 Views)

Hi TCav,

I apologize for the confusion here. The "Remove the button-sized lithium battery." shouldn't be included when manually resetting the Sony a6300 camera. It is intended for generalization (to include cameras with button-sized lithium battery): https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39713/.

Thanks for noticing, I already edited the previous reply.

Regards,

-Anthony

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8 (421 Views)

So Precision camera sent me a shipping label to ship it back to them. Unfortunately the shipping label was incorrect, so i could not ship the camera. I then asked them to make the neccessary corrcections so that i am able to ship it, but they refused! I am really dissapointed in their service and the way they handle this situation. Now i have to pay for the shipping once again to get my camera fixed, which in this case was their incapability to repair my camera, resulting in it being mor broken as wen i sent it in.

I really love my sony gear, but if this is they way their support are theyn maybe i have to reconsider. I am really dissapointed in their support.

Highlighted
Message 8 of 8 (332 Views)

Hi Retief,

We're sorry to hear about your bad experience. Sony takes into consideration all feedback to improve the performance and quality of our products and services. We're always looking to make Sony better. We appreciate your time sharing this feedback.

Regards,

-Anthony

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook