Welcome to the Community!

Camcorders

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (179 Views)

HDR-CS405 Manual / Help Guide

I am a long-term fan of Sony equipment, but the support/help manuals for this camcorder are really atrocious, and I think Sony needs to lift their game. Here are just a couple of examples of issues I think need work..

1. The basic manual is so basic it is nothing more than a quick-start guide, which is ok, except...

2. The online help guide is only available online. It’s hopeless, I want a reference guide that I can use when I need it, having to go online every time is a pain in the ******.

3. Some of the ‘help’ isn’t really helpful. For example try to find out how to use the in-camera PlayMemories? There’s nothing useful. A video that doesn’t match the product on my camcorder, no explanation of how to apply it to a part of the movie, no explanation how to save the output, and after multiple attempts I still can’t get it to work.

4. Tried looking up what BLT-in-zoom-mic does. The help guide tells you how turn it on and off, but not really how you use it.

Is it just me, or is the help-guide for camcorders in need of an overhaul, and available as a downloadable PDF?

Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 4 (165 Views)

Re: HDR-CS405 Manual / Help Guide

[ Edited ]

Did you mean the HDR-CX405?  If yes,  Operating Guide

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (151 Views)

Thanks, yes I meant the HDR-CX405, sorry for the typo.

The "Operating guide" is only a quick-start document. It has no infomation at all about many (most?) of he functions. As a quick-start it is fine but it is not a full-featured user manual. It provides a link to the "Help Guide" whis is more functional, but still lacking details such as those examples I gave. The second lik you gave appears to be a broken link (got a 404 error).

Thanks,

Steve

Expert
Message 4 of 4 (149 Views)

[ Edited ]

I see now why the link wasn't useful.  If I had actually looked at the guide belfore linking it then I would not have responded at all.  The 33 page length would have been a clue that is nothing more than a quick start guide.  I'll edit my prior post as they both linked to the same document.  

Being able to access something more useful only online is no help at all.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook