Welcome to the Community!

Camcorders

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 10 (954 Views)

XDCAM file import to Final Cut Pro X: NO AUDIO

I have files from a Sony FS7 camera. Trying to import to Final Cut Pro X. I see the video but get NO AUDIO. I see a gray wave form, so I know there is audio there somewhere. But how do I convert XDCAM files so that Final Cut will "hear" the clip?

Expert
Message 2 of 10 (932 Views)

Re: XDCAM file import to Final Cut Pro X: NO AUDIO

Links you may find useful:

Import Sony XAVC and XDCAM in Final Cut Pro X

Sony Apple Applications, Plug-ins and Device Drivers

XDCAM workflows from Sony Pro for Final Cut Pro

I hope at least one of those links will help.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 10 (602 Views)

Thank you! Much appreciated. I have downloaded both the PDZK-LT2 XDCAM Camera Import, as well as the ProVideoFormats plug in. Once I download them, does Final Cut automatically know to "use" them? I'm getting the same result as before. Great video but no audio from the external Hard Drive that is my source for the camera downloaded files. 

Again: I see "gray" sound waves to indicate that there is sound somewhere. It's just not fully ready or converted. 

Expert
Message 4 of 10 (575 Views)

Hopefully a Final Cut Pro user will chime in and be able to answer your question.  Is PDZK-LT2 XDCAM Camera Import a stand alone app or a plug-in?  If it is not a plug-in have you tried importing the video with it? 

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 10 (535 Views)

It's a plug-in...
Expert
Message 6 of 10 (533 Views)

Is there anywhere in Final Cut Pro X where you load plug-ins?  An option in a menu maybe?

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 10 (520 Views)

I'll do some searching but "Plug-ins" isn't coming up for me. I may have to pay a trip to the Genius Bar.

Expert
Message 8 of 10 (508 Views)

[ Edited ]

Before you go the Genium Bar take a look at the following:

Where to put Plug-ins in Final Cut Pro

Import Preferences

Plug-ins

Final Cut Pro X Help

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 10 (356 Views)

Thanks so much for your suggestion. I dragged the folder for "Camera Import Plugin Version 1.0 for Apple Final Cut Pro X (FCPX) 2. When I open the folder, I get a zip file. When I unzip, it installed PDZKLT2 v10.dmg. I went through the install process, and so it's now in the folder. Question: Should this now "AUTOMATICALLY" work to convert these files when I import into Final Cut. Or do I need to conduct a conversion action? Thanks in advance. This has really got me stumped. It also has all the Apple Support people stumped as well.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 10 (332 Views)

I would try importing the file first as there is no need to do a conversion if it will do it automatically.  Let me know if that doesn't work and I'll see what I can find to help you.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook