Welcome to the Community!

Product Registration - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 10 (1,693 Views)

DPT-RP1 with dead horizontal line

I bought a digital paper (DPT-RP1/B) from Amazon.com (USA) shipped to Korea. Yesterday, it appears a dead horizontal line. I tried to hard and soft reset but it is still there.

Do sony have any channel that can help me to do the process to repair it when I am out of US?

Thank you very much!
Message 2 of 10 (1,633 Views)

Re: DPT-RP1 with dead horizontal line

Hi Ceobkdn,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Due to your location, please contact the nearest Sony office to you. You can find this information at

http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector: AsiaPacific.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
-Jay

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 10 (1,313 Views)

Hi, greetings from Hong Kong.
I experienced the same dead pixel line after one-month usage. Could I know did you solve the problem? Both hard and soft reset do not work. It is an upset experience for such an expensive product.

Thanks in advance!
Message 4 of 10 (1,273 Views)

Hi, Miracle24

Thank you for considering Sony Community! 

To fully isolate this "dead pixel" issue, we suggest initializing the system storage, and return all settings to their factory defaults. 

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 10 (1,238 Views)

Hello Rookie,
I have accepted this line instead of spending more money to return or repair it.
I hope you will find a solution and share it here.
Thank you very much!

Message 6 of 10 (1,142 Views)

Hi Ceobkdn,

Try to reset the Digital paper by pressing the RESET (reset) button then, press the (power) button to turn the power back on. If this is how you did your troubleshooting but the line is still there, a service maybe required. 

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 10 (1,122 Views)

I recieved my DPT-RP1 from Amazon yesterday. I have a horizontal line of inactive e-ink / pixels as well. My second will arrive in a couple days. Any issues and it's going right back and I'm giving up on Sony. 

I wish Sony would go all out and push the Digital Paper, just like Amazon did with their ereader. You'd think Sony would have learned something about building quality products by now... I'm pretty dissappointed with them and I'm hoping they make a come back. Hoefully the Digital Paper will get as much attention as the TV's and optics / cameras do. 

Message 8 of 10 (1,063 Views)

Hi Saintjmv04,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Have you already tried resetting the unit? Are the lines appear on all pages? How about when the unit is off? If the horizontal line still exists even after diagnose it then service maybe required. Please refrer to this link for further assistance, https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/service.pl.

Regards

Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 10 (1,058 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey Jen,
Thank you for taking the time to respond. Yes, I did perform a reset on the unit and the lines do appear on all the screens (page turns). To clarify, the horizontal lines do not fill with any ink. So if an area is blacked out there will be horizontal lines with the background showing through. The areas are also slightly lighter in color as the surrounding background as well with no e-ink active.

My replacement unit showed up and has no screen defects that I’ve noticed. My only concerns now are on the durability of the screen since the digital paper will be used in a mobile environment (I’m a full time student)... it’d be nice if Sony offered an accidental protection plan or something along those lines for the Digital Paper, it’s a great device overall and greatly reduces the footprint and weight of books, binders and folders.

Sony needs to push it more in the market instead of treating it as a specialty word of mouth product... it’s one of a kind and can flourish, just as ebooks and e-readers have... particularly for schools that offer online courses programs where files are mostly distributed in PDF format.

Message 10 of 10 (937 Views)

Hi Saintjmv04,

We're glad to know that you already received your replacement unit.

Sony takes into consideration all feedback to improve the performance and quality of our products and services. Rest assured that your feedback will not go unseen and will be directed to the proper department. We place a very high value on feedback from our customers because it allows us to continue to improve.

Regards,
Jen

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook