Professional Products - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 21 of 30 (1,182 Views)

Re: Catalyst Browse 2017.2 crashes doesnt work

Hi Omar

Just tried the free trial of Catalyst Prepare and the same problem, logo appears and then all memory gets worked had to next to nothing and end up having to Force Quit as dialogue box says program not responding.  I have just checked and am I running El Capitan still maybe  I should upgrade.  It's teh only problem I'm having problems with everthing other program works fine and my computer had no problem when I downloaded rushes on a shoot yesterday using 2017.1.  Only since updating have I had problems.

Enthusiast
Message 22 of 30 (1,182 Views)

Hi Omar

Just tried the free trial of Catalyst Prepare and the same problem, logo appears and then all memory gets worked had to next to nothing and end up having to Force Quit as dialogue box says program not responding.  I have just checked and am I running El Capitan still maybe  I should upgrade.  It's teh only problem I'm having problems with everthing other program works fine and my computer had no problem when I downloaded rushes on a shoot yesterday using 2017.1.  Only since updating have I had problems. FOrgot to say all my software is up to date according to my Macbook Pro

Message 23 of 30 (1,174 Views)

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the update. You could try upgrading to OS X Sierra, or you could try creating a new user and launching Browse 2017.2 from that new user profile and see if that solves it.

An upgrade to Sierra should fix it, but like I said, just be cautious with it as it may affect other items on your machine.

Thank you,
Omar
Rookie
Message 24 of 30 (983 Views)

Hey Omar, 

Just been follwoing this thread.

I'm reliant on Browse across several machines for F55 work, and I am having the exact same issue.

I am unable to update to Siera as it is unstable for my workflow.

Is there a quick fix so that I can get back to seeing metadata etc, and quick previews?

Cheers, 

Paul

Message 25 of 30 (979 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi paulatkinsonuk,

Thank you for your post and I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with Browse 2017.2.  

Creating a new user account and using Browse in the new account may solve the issue.  If not, you can download Browse 2017.1 from the links below until the issue gets fixed in a future release.

Windows: http://download.sonycreativesoftware.com/current/catalystbrowse_2017.1_suite.exe
Mac: http://download.sonycreativesoftware.com/current/catalystbrowse_2017.1_suite.dmg

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Omar

Rookie
Message 26 of 30 (950 Views)

Hey Omar, 

Thank you so much for such a prompt response.

I tried a new account, still no joy unfortunately. Hopefully there will be a bug fix shortly?

Running smoothly back on 2017.1

Thanks again, have a great weekend.

Cheers, 

Paul

Highlighted
Message 27 of 30 (942 Views)

Awesome!

We believe we have identified the issue and hope to release a version of Browse with a fix soon. Meanwhile, I am glad you are able to use 2017.1 in the interim!

Thank you,
Omar
Enthusiast
Message 28 of 30 (159 Views)

Having the same issue.
Have been using 2017.1 with no issues. 2017.2 will not load on my macbook pro running 10.11.6. Software gets stuck on the Sony splash screen and then crashes. I have experienced this with all the 2017.2 release versions and multiple installs. I have done a clean undelete of old version(pref files etc deleted) as well as shift/open to reset prefs. Still hangs and wont load.
Message 29 of 30 (121 Views)

NDT1976,

Thank you so much for your report and we are so sorry to hear about the issue you are having.

We believe this may be fixed in the next version of Browse, so keep an eye out for the next release and feel free to let us know if it solves the problem.

Thank you,

Omar

Enthusiast
Message 30 of 30 (105 Views)

Thanks for your reply. Look forward to the new version.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook