Welcome to the Community!

Professional Products - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 27 (899 Views)

Catalyst Browse 2017.2 crashes doesnt work

I was using Catalyst Browse 2017.1 yesterday on a shoot and have been using for ages with no problems.  Decided to download and update to Catalyst Browse 2017.2 for MAC yesterday.  For some reason it just doesn't work.  I have a MacBook Pro, the highest spec available in the previous machines to the latest, bought maybe 8 months ago.  When I click to open the programme it never loads and completely overwhelms the memory of my computer judging the Memory Clean App that I run it's goes down to 1% something I have never seen before, and the program just never opens.   Has anyone had a similar problem.  Decided to remove the new program and download the version I was running before Catalyst Browse 2017.1, but of course it's now nowhere to be found online.  Any help or advice greatly appreciated. Best wishes Dave

Message 2 of 27 (889 Views)

Re: Catalyst Browse 2017.2 crashes doesnt work

[ Edited ]

Hi dtmcamera,

Thank you for your question.

Do you have any external hard drives attached to the computer?  If so, can you try to launch Browse with all external hard drives removed and see if that fixes it?

If not, can you try deleting the folder located below and attempt to launch the application again?

/Users/<USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Sony/Catalyst Browse/2017.2

If that also does not work, can you please send me the gpu_video_x64.log file from the previous version of Browse located at /Users/<USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Sony/Catalyst Browse/2017.1

Thank you,

Omar

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 27 (868 Views)

Hi Omar

Thanks for getting back to me. I had no extrernal drives attached. I've tried to delete the folder using your first method but there is no folder there relating to Sony or Catalyst Browse. Tried your second way and again no sign of the the folder for the previous version so can't create a log file. I've downloaded it again but have encountered the same problem. I have downloaded and deleted 4 times now with no solution to the problem. Seems weird how it eats into the processing power so massively. Never experienced that before when using the previous version 2017.1 and this is nit even opening!
Message 4 of 27 (865 Views)

Hi dtmcamera,

That's odd the folder would not be there. Do you have hidden folders enabled? If so, do you mind sending me a screenshot of the folder path so I can see if there is anything I can point you to?

Thank you,
Omar
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 27 (860 Views)

Just downloaded and installed again. Same problem. The programme appears in the applications folder, I click to launch memory free usage drops form 85% to 5% and nothing happens. When I try to force quit it says program not responding. Have looked for the folders you mention in the application support folder and there are no Sony or Catalyst Browse folders to be found. All seems a bit strange to me as there is very little to go wrong when installing a program on a MacBook Pro. Hoping I can get to the bottom of this as inuse Catalyst Browse in a daily basis with my work as a cameraman. Many thanks Dave
Message 6 of 27 (856 Views)

Hi Dave,

Can you try pushing Ctrl + Shift on the keyboard as you launch Browse?  This should prompt you with a question asking if you want to restore to default values.  Select Yes and let me know what happens.

Thank you,
Omar

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 27 (855 Views)

Hi Omar is this what you want a screenshot of?

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 19.16.50.png

Message 8 of 27 (848 Views)

Hi Dave,

Yep that's what I was looking for. That folder path is actually not the right folder path. The library folder we are looking for is the one in your user directory.

/Users/<USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Sony/Catalyst Browse/2017.2

To get there, you either have to enable hidden files, or from the Finder, go up to Go > Go to Folder, and type ~/library/

Then you should see the files I mentioned.

Let me know. Thanks!
Omar
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 27 (840 Views)

Hi Omar

Thanks for that here's a screen grab of the files having just followed your instructions.  I have expanded them as far as they go.

Dave

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 20.13.48.png

Message 10 of 27 (838 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the screensthots!

In the Application Support folder, there should be a folder called "Sony". It is within the "Sony" folder that you should then see Catalyst Browse/2017.2 .

Thank you,
Omar

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook