Professional Products - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7 (1,471 Views)

Catalyst Browse Crashes on startup EVERYTIME.... MAC 10.10.5

Hey all,

I've uninstalled the APP, downloaded even the new MAY 25th, 2016 version and it crashes on startup everytime. I'm at a loss as to what to do. I need to work with this program ASAP. 

HELP.

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 7 (1,456 Views)

Re: Catalyst Browse Crashes on startup EVERYTIME.... MAC 10.10.5

Hi riggimedia,

I look at nearly all of the crash reports for Catalyst Browse, Prepare and Edit, but they are all anonymized so I can't tell which one is yours. If the application crashes for you again, could you please add your name "riggimedia" and mine to the crash description? When I receive the report I'll check if there's a known solution.

Chris

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 7 (1,401 Views)

Just sent.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 7 (1,397 Views)

Found it, thanks. You've encountered a known bug that we've been actively working on in our .mov/.mp4 reader. Certain media files trigger this bug but we have not yet isolated the pattern. Your crash on launch is most likely because Catalyst Browse is trying to return to the last-viewed folder which contains a media file that triggers the bug. There's two things we can do:

1) Hopefully we can get your Catalyst Browse app working by resetting the last-viewed folder. If you hold down both Ctrl and Shift while the app launches, that will wipe your preferences (after a confirmation dialog). Catalyst Browse will revert back to the default of your Movies folder.

If you try that and Browse still crashes on launch, then the problem .mov/.mp4 media file may in fact be in the Movies folder. In that case, a possible solution would be to move files out of the Movies folder (temporarily or permanently) and relaunch Browse.

2) If we can isolate the media file that's triggering this crash, we'd love to know more about it: what camera or app did it come from, what codec is represented inside it, etc. If the media file is not confidential, it would be great to have a sample for our testing pool. If you can find the folder that triggers the crash, then you can perhaps isolate the single file by temporarily moving half of the files out of that folder and checking if the crash recurs.

I hope this gets you back up and running. Thanks for reaching out to us.

Chris

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7 (1,393 Views)

Hey there,

Step 1 worked perfectly.

I've only used this software for SONY FS7 and SONY EX1r footage.

Rookie
Message 6 of 7 (1,010 Views)

Hey Chris,

I am going through the same issue. I have Catalyst Browse 2 and I shoot with Sony A7S ii.. Catalyst Browse is constantly crashing at startup or says "Catalyast Browse has stopped working". 

Help Please!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 7 (238 Views)

Chris,

I have found a particular file that causes my Catalyst Browse to crash on start up

You can download form here https://www.dropbox.com/s/xmrw0239jmpu102/C0053.MP4?dl=0

Place in mepty folder and when yu open with Catalyst Browse it goes down

I use Catalyst Browse 2017.1.0.183 on windows 8

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook