Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Professional Products - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 3 (348 Views)

Catalyst Prepare crashes on startup, won't render all files during xcode. wth?! O--o

So, I'm working with the trial version of Prepare (having had success with Browse for a while) and am encountering 2 main issues:

1, it crashes on start up. Alot. Eventually it "catches" and opens. Usually stays open but sometimes crashes when open.
2. I'm transcoding 4K footage from FS7 and F55, from one drive (ext) with raw footage to another drive (ext) for dailies. 4K to 1920 x 1080 24p, timecode and file name burn in. The issue is that I'll select a whole bunch of files from the folder and it won't render all of them. Strangely, it says all have been rendered. Even more strange, it will usually render all but 10 or 11 of the files. And usually the first 10 or 11 in the group I've selected. ie: I select files numbered 1 - 30, it will xcode 30 - 12 only. 
Kinda weird.
Any ideas from you wizards?

Machine specs: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), 8GB RAM, OS 10.11.6 (El Capitan). Prepare version 2017.2.0.256

Thanks!
- Chris

Message 2 of 3 (342 Views)

Re: Catalyst Prepare crashes on startup, won't render all files during xcode. wth?! O--o

Hi galileostudios,

Thank you for your report. I am sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. What you have described is actually a known issue with Prepare 2017.2, and our development team is looking into it.

Meanwhile, the suggested workaround is to use Catalyst Prepare 2017.1, and this should not have these issues.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/catalystprepare#download

Let me know if that helps.

Thank you!
Omar
Rookie
Message 3 of 3 (331 Views)

Re: Catalyst Prepare crashes on startup, won't render all files during xcode. wth?! O--o

Thanks Omar, I'll give it a try.

- chris

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook