Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Professional Products - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (334 Views)

Does Content Browser 2 work with Mac OSX 10.12.6?

I can't find any information on Sony Content Browser and it working with any version of Mac OSX Sierra. Seeing how Apple is releasing High Sierra in a few days, I thought there would be some compatibility with a now aged OS.  Does it work with the current version (10.12.6?)

Message 2 of 3 (320 Views)

Re: Does Content Browser 2 work with Mac OSX 10.12.6?

[ Edited ]

Hi cbright17,

Thank you for the message.

Content Browser 2 is not supported for OS X 10.12.  It is supported up to OS X 10.9 only.

However, if you are not using XAVC-L, you can try deleting the file below and the app will probably launch.

Applications/Content\ Browser.app/Contents/Frameworks/Flamingo.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libc++.1.dylib

Thank you,

Omar

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (303 Views)

Re: Does Content Browser 2 work with Mac OSX 10.12.6?

Thanks. We actually use Content Browser very well in 10.11.6, surprised it doesn’t work in 10.12 as well!

Anyway, we use Content Browser to import our XDCAM EX footage and rewrap it as a QuickTime file. We have been working this way for years. I have no need to transcode it to any other format, we only use the 'Import to FCP' function so we have easily accessible .mov files. It has been working extremely well with our import/edit/archive workflow for the past 10 years.

Is there another Sony product that can perform this function? As far as I've read, the Catalyst program was promising that as a future capability a few years ago, but I don't know if that has been implemented yet.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook