Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Community Blogs

Support by Sony

support by Sony play store link
support by Sony apple store link
About Me
  • My specialties are social media, customer service and video production with a concentration in home audio and TV/video products. Be sure to check out my videos in the screening room! While I have been an employee with Sony for 15 years, I feel as though I have been part of the Sony family since I was little... We always had Sony products. I remember my grandparents purchasing a Sony console TV when I was 5, and I received my first Sony Walkman as a teenager. Growing up on these products and loving them, I never dreamed I would become part of the company vision and it's still difficult to pick one product as my favorite (though VAIO and Walkman rank very high in my book). I absolutely love Sony, as both an employee and a consumer, and I am proud to be a part of this family.

Featured Member

EileenP

Expert EileenP

Hi my name is Eileen and I’ve been working for Sony Electronics since 2006. I started working at Sony Mobile (formerly Sony Ericsson) back in 1996. It’s been a fast and fun-filled 15 years for me! I’ve worked in and around customer service over the years, and now I’m lucky enough to be part of the Social Media Team. I guess the Sony DNA runs in my blood... Read more about EileenP here.

I manage social media and video production for the Sony Support team in the U.S. Read my blog to see what's happening in the world of Sony people and products, and to learn a little about some of my favorite things.

Posted by REBECCA |  Jan 29, 2015

TVs- Tipping the Scale to Safety

The possibility of a TV falling on a child is a real concern. An alarming number of injuries and fatalities are reported each year from falling furniture, appliances, and TVs. Here are a few tips to avoid TV tip-overs:

• Place the TV on sturdy furniture appropriate for the size of the TV or on a low-rise base.
  • Secure the TV to the furniture with straps, brackets, or braces to prevent the TV from sliding.
  • Mount flat-screen TVs to the wall or to furniture to prevent them from toppling over. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that you have a secure fit.
  • If you have a large, heavy CRT TV, place the TV on a low, stable piece of furniture; or if you no longer use your CRT TV, consider recycling it.
  • Secure top-heavy furniture to the wall with brackets, braces, or wall straps.
  • Place electrical cords out of a child's reach, and teach kids not to play with them.
  • Remove items that might tempt kids to climb, such as toys and remote controls, from the top of the TV and furniture.

Comments
by sinan Enthusiast
on ‎02-05-2015 08:08 AM

jhmö