Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Television - Apps & Widgets

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 2 (5,617 Views)

How to setup Amazon Instant Video on a new KDL W650D TV?

I just bought a new KDL W650D television and am trying to setup Amazon Instant Video.

1) How do I get a registration code?

2) How do I load the Amazon Instant Video App?

I have software updates enabled and have gone through the initial setup several times, successfully connected to internet, but I don't see anything about "Enable Advanced Features" that some web pages talk about.

The only app store I see is the Opera App Store, and it does not have an Amazon Instant Video App. I have looked extensively and searched.

Before purchasing my television, I specifically asked about the ability to view Amazon Prime Instant Videos and was assured that this was supported on this model. If it is not supported, I will have to return the television.

David

Rookie
Message 2 of 2 (5,539 Views)

Re: How to setup Amazon Instant Video on a new KDL W650D TV?

I don't know if you found a solution or not.   We bought this same tv yesterday, and just spent 1.5 hours talking to various Sony customer support people.    They could not help us.   The last guy finally said that we have a new model, and the only apps available are those in the app store - which Amazon is not.   So, my husband is returning the tv to Best Buy as I write this.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook