Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
Message 11 of 24 (729 Views)

Re: Blinking red light

[ Edited ]

If you apply the first solution you will be able to continue to play the games in HDR.

It is an either/or suggestion.

"As a temporary workaround, use one of these methods:"

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 24 (682 Views)

Why are some people in this thread getting a reply from Sony support and others are not? Best answer so far is “turn off HDR” and switch the picture. If this isn’t fixed quickly in an update will Sony replace our tv’s with one that works? I hear the Samsung 8000 series has no issues. Smiley Sad
Enthusiast
Message 13 of 24 (675 Views)

Since switching my Ps4 Pro to HDMI 3 I don't seem to be having the issue anymore even with HDR still turned on... I did have it happen once with my Shield TV on HDMI 2 though.
Message 14 of 24 (642 Views)

Hi All,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We are working on the solution and will be rolling out an update in the near future.

Regards,

~Ralph

Apprentice
Message 15 of 24 (628 Views)

The problem occurs when going from nonHDR to HDR content. You can test it yourself with the PS4 by going to video output setting and turning HDR off and then back on to Automatic. I refuse to accept that the solution is to turn HDR off. The solution seems obvious to me. Roll back the patch immediately and don't release another patch until you figure out the cause. We didn't spend the money we did on your product to have its functionality deminished with a "patch".
Enthusiast
Message 16 of 24 (615 Views)

It seems to only affect HDMI 2 and the Ps4Pro... Try changing the Ps4Pro to HDMI 3... We still shouldn't be dealing with this, but this is the solution that has worked for me.
Enthusiast
Message 17 of 24 (605 Views)

RalphE,

There are too many users experiencing this issue and this definitely should not be happening between two SONY products. I really hope Sony is listening to it's customers

Apprentice
Message 18 of 24 (585 Views)

I have a sony sound bar so everything goes into the sound bar which is then plugged into HDMI 3 (ARC), so for me at least changing the HDMI isn't a solution. Is it possible that HDMI 3 is working for you because it is not set to enhanced in the TV settings?

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 24 (568 Views)

It's definitely set to enhanced, my Ps4Pro is running HDR fine.
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 20 of 24 (299 Views)

Just wanted to say switching to HDMI 3 worked for me. I actually went into Sony's SoundBar and out to HDMI3(ARC).

Just a warning, when you switch your input to HDMI3, it may indicate there's no signal but it takes a few seconds to turn on...at least for me anyway.

Still isn't an ideal solution and hopefully Sony addresses it. I switched from Samsung to Sony but can go right back if I must.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook