Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 48 (19,686 Views)

Bravia with Android TV stuck in a constant reboot cycle

My brand new Bravia KDL-50W800C is stuck in restart loop.  I can't do anything, use apps or even watch tv.  It first shows the sony logo, then the android tv logo, then shows the "home screen" for 2 seconds before flashing grey and starting the cycle all over again.  I can't even do the factory reset by holding the up arrow and the power button because it restarts so quick.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Message 2 of 48 (19,643 Views)

Re: Bravia with Android TV stuck in a constant reboot cycle

Hi jake1888,

Welcome and Thank You for considering Sony Community!

Follow the steps below to reset an AndroidTV.

1. Using the supplied remote, press and hold the power button until Power off appears on the TV screen. (Approximately 5 seconds)
  2. TV will turn off.
  3. After one minute, turn the TV on.

NOTE: If you unplug and plug in power cable, it may have same effect as the reset steps above.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if problem still persists after performing the steps above.

Regards,

^Ron

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"
Rookie
Message 3 of 48 (19,254 Views)

How is that an answer???

I'm experiencing the same thing with my kdl50w755c and I can see it's not the first time it happens..

Do you have any real answer??

All your tutorials on how to factory reset the TV on this situation are false.

Message 4 of 48 (19,227 Views)

Hi Orsher,

We already replied to your previous post. Please check:

Regards,

^Ron

Rookie
Message 5 of 48 (18,764 Views)

I can't accept it as an answer either. My Brand new 43W805C Sony tv also has similar issues. It gets stuck with SONY logo on screen, and can be turned of by only uplugging the cord from power.... and waiting for 3 hours OR till next morning llike it happened last time for TV to be usable again. 

Message 6 of 48 (18,691 Views)

Hi Animussi

Thank you for visiting Sony Community! 

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue like this. We recommend performing a power reset on the TV: 

1. Turn off the TV.
  2. Unplug the TV power cord from the electrical outlet.
  3. Let the television remain without power for 60 seconds.
  4. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.

NOTE: If the TV is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, remove it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the issue is resolved, the problem is with the power strip or surge protector and not the TV.

5. Turn on the TV.

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacificregionhttp://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Rookie
Message 7 of 48 (17,578 Views)

I'm having the exact same issue. Tried all the things listed here but didn't work. I have the KDL55W800C. It is stuck on optimizing app x of 195. I'm really frustrated and don't know what to do.
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 48 (17,549 Views)

Message 9 of 48 (17,514 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Sony Community,

To exit from the Initial setup loop, follow these recommendations:

• Make sure the router is Off.
  • Disconnect all external devices.
  • Power on the TV.
  • Proceed with the Initial set up of the Android TV.

If after following these suggestions above, the TV still is stuck in an infinite Initial setup loop, follow these steps below.

1. Using the supplied remote, press slowly the Help button five times.

NOTE: The Contact & Support page appears. If the Contact & Support page does not appear, press the Help button continuously until the page appears.

2. Perform the factory reset on the TV by pressing the following buttons in sequence.
    • RED button
    • Number buttons 4, 3, 5, 7
    • PLAY button

NOTE: The TV reboots, then goes to the factory reset screen. Proceed to resetting the Android TV to its default settings.

If the troubleshooting steps did not work, service may be required.

Thank you,

Jerome

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 10 of 48 (16,396 Views)

I have the 55W800C and tried all the suggestions for reboot but does not respond to power off nor help. I have unplugged from power bar and tried the controls in the back as well. Nothing turns off the tv.....only unplugging completely. Once plugged in again, it starts looping. Got from Costco ....so will probably return to store. Less than a year old!!!!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook