Welcome to the Community!

Television - General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 5 (26,633 Views)
Accepted Solution

I need to reset error<5006> in my tv sony bravia could you please help me out?

Expert
Message 2 of 5 (26,625 Views)

Re: I need to reset error<5006> in my tv sony bravia could you please help me out?

Hello Carlos,

Welcome to the Sony Community forums.
Error 5006   is a generic error when the TV cannot handshake with the provisioning server.

WARNING!! Hard reset will remove all settings on the TV. If you had a professional calibration this reset will negate the settings performed.

Please follow these steps to perform a Factory reset
1. The TV ID data might be corrupted. To recover, do a hard TV reset. While the TV is on press and hold the UP Arrow, then press the Power Button on the TV set.(not the remote)  the power button should be the top button on the side of the TV

Give the TV a few minutes to repower and kick in the SETUP process. Check to see if 5006 is cleared

You may have to do this a few times to restore the data.

If still not, please contact  Support,
Be sure to have the wired MAC address when you call,  or Device ID  depending on the model of your TV.
Expert
Message 3 of 5 (26,620 Views)

Re: I need to reset error<5006> in my tv sony bravia could you please help me out?

Hello carlosg43
Welcome to Sony Community

Refer to the following link and perform the steps mentioned on it.
http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/documentLink.do?externalId=C1009459

Regards,
ColbyP

Rookie
Message 4 of 5 (21,772 Views)

How do i reset the whole sony bravia tv
Message 5 of 5 (21,740 Views)

To reset the TV to factory default settings, follow the steps below.

1. Turn on the TV.
2. On the supplied remote control, press and hold the UP arrow button.
3. While holding the UP arrow button, press the POWER button on the TV itself.
4. When the TV turns off, release the POWER button and the UP arrow button.
5. The TV should turn on by itself and the Initial Setup screen will be displayed. Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the setup.

Before resetting the TV to factory default settings, follow the steps below to resolve the Error 5006 message.

Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the status of the connection after completing each step.

Perform a Refresh Internet Content:

1. Using the supplied remote, press the HOME button.
2. Use the directional arrows to select the Network.
3. Select Refresh Internet Content.
4. If the problem still persists, press "Retry" button to perform Refresh Internet Content once again.

If the problem persists, follow the steps below to troubleshoot the internet connection:

1. Make sure that the TV is connected to an active network or internet

2. Reset the network equipment(s) such as cable modem, wired/wireless router by power off/on and perform Refresh Internet Contetns.

If using the recommended Linksys WET610N bridge adapter, perform the reset by using a pin to hold down the Reset button for 5 seconds.

3. Ensure that the Internet speed meets the recommended specification of 2.5 mbps for standard definition content and 10 mbps for high Definition content. Go to www.2wire.com to check the speed of your internet connection.

If still getting the error message, check if the latest system software update has been installed. Refer to this link  to check if the TV has the latest software version. If the TV is already updated perform a Refresh Internet content.

If after doing the steps above and you are still getting the error message you may reset the TV to factory default settings.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook