Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Accessories

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (735 Views)

Overheating GPU

I have a Sony Vaio Duo 11 that I've had since 2012. Its exact model number is SVD11225CXD and I've recently been playing more intensive games on the device. For some odd reason, the GPU keeps overheating and the screen will turn black for a second, come back, and do it again a few times. It'll be fine for like 5 minutes and then repeat this. I'm going to blast an air compressor into the fan today, but it still shouldn't do this. I have the power plan set to high performance along with the fan set to that too. This is quite frustrating as the device used to run perfectly (no less than a month ago even!) I would seriously appreciate help.

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 3 (734 Views)

Re: Overheating GPU

(EDIT) there are some battery issues too such as the battery only lasting an hour and a half on the battery saving power plan despite the promised 4 hours ad 45 minutes. The charging port is loose and I have to put the charger in a certain position to use it. Also, the device is running windows 10 fall creators (build 1709) I haven't modified the device at all.

Message 3 of 3 (580 Views)

Re: Overheating GPU

Hi CaelinW,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your laptop. Were there any changes to the system recently? Did you install any applications or program to the unit? Check also the fan or vent of the unit and make sure that there are no obstructions. 

Verify that all the drivers and software are up to date for Windows 10 operating system. Boot the unit to safe mode and observe if the issue persists. If so then you may need to perform a system restore back to the earlier time that it was working properly. 

Are you still using the original battery? Battery capacity decreases over time and through repeated use. If the available time of the battery is shortened significantly, it is probably time to replace it with a new one.

Regards,

Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook