Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 6 (4,546 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sony Vaio Laptop will not charge up

My Sony Vaio VGN-CR11Z/R ( a good few years old now!) refuses to charge up. It shut down normally, and it remained plugged into the charger,  but the next time I came to us it, it was as dead as a doornail - no lights, Nada! The adapter (19.5V)  charger unit is original and appears to be OK (I had it checked out), so I suspect theinternal power unit is at fault. It was probably working off the dregs of the battery unit when it shut down for the last time. Can I get a replacement power unit, or is there some other way of breathing lifeback into the laptop so I can recover my numerous Word Documents, which I urgently need? Help would be very much appreciated 

Message 2 of 6 (4,503 Views)

Re: Sony Vaio Laptop will not charge up

Hi Cul8ron

Thank you for considering Sony Community! 

Before doing anything else, we suggest performing the basic troubleshooting steps to isolate the issue. Kindly perform a power cycle on your laptop: 

Turn off the unit and remove all connected peripherals (AC adapter, USB device, etc.). Remove the battery and hold the power button for 5 seconds. If the battery is not removable, kindly look for a battery off button on the bottom of the computer. Push and hold it for 5 seconds. You may use a safety pin for that. Connect the AC adapter and test the unit.  

For further assistance, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Website for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 3 of 6 (4,477 Views)

Success! Did what you said and i am now up & running again. Cheers!!

Rookie
Message 4 of 6 (3,216 Views)

Even I have the same problem. Need some help. Thanks.
Rookie
Message 5 of 6 (3,216 Views)

Thank you very much for your tips. Smiley Happy
Rookie
Message 6 of 6 (3,122 Views)

Great answer with simple tips

thanks

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook