VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 2 (408 Views)

Order new LCD screen for Vaio Duo 11

Hi Everyone!

I've a notebook Vaio SVD112A1WL, my LCD was show some strange shape in the lower left corner for a while which is making the screen seem a bit transparent and is gradually growing. With my knowledge, it seem to be my LCD screen was leak of glue. Actually, my LCD screen can be used but i'd like to order a new LCD screen. I've checked with Sony Viet Nam (i'm come from Vietnam) but they have sold out. Could i order a new LCD screen from where? And if impossible to order, please let me know the delivery time also.

Thanks a lot1049620-422242-img-20180114-104715-9clzkwj1m2qkew2hcwiv.jpg

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 2 (372 Views)

Re: Order new LCD screen for Vaio Duo 11

Looks like the glass is pulling away from the LCD.  You might be able to get the glass to be re-fused with the LCD if you find someone with the right skills.  But if you can't, don't spend money on this.  Sony will not produce the BIOS updates to mitigate the Meldown issue (variant #2), so all Sony machines are zombies now.  As soon as exploits for Meldown start getting used on the internet, you will no longer be able to trust your machine.  I recommend you use it as is until it dies for some other reason, unless you find someone to re-fuse the glass properly on the cheap (good luck!).

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook