VAIO - Hardware & Networking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 6 (64,200 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sony VAIO VPCEH1AFX battery not compatible popup

I was working on this laptop for my brother after he somehow got infected with a Trojan, I ended up wiping his drive and replacing Win 7 Home Premium with Ultimate, reinstalling all the drivers, now I get a popup stating:

"The installed battery may not be properly connected to the computer or may not be compatible with the computer.

Click "OK" to enter hibernate mode, and remove and reinsert battery.

See the electronic VAIO(R) Guide for more information about using this battery."

This battery came with this computer, I have reinserted this battery numerous times, this popup comes up whether I am plugged in or not but the battery is fully charged. what to do now?

Message 2 of 6 (64,193 Views)

Re: Sony VAIO VPCEH1AFX battery not compatible popup

[ Edited ]

Clayman1000x ,

This is because you didn't install the Sony Share Library or Sony Firmware Extension Parser.

As a work around you can disable the pop up with the following steps:

1) Click on Start

2) Click on Run

3) Type "MSCONFIG"

4) Press Enter

5) Click on the Startup tab

6) Scroll down and locate ISButility
6) uncheck it
7) Restart the PC

Sony Community Manager
Sr. Software Engineer
Peter Tat
Rookie
Message 3 of 6 (62,697 Views)

thanks for your valuble post it very useful answer

Rookie
Message 4 of 6 (52,238 Views)

I had the same issue and disabled the ISButility and it worked great for about a week then suddenly it won't power on.  I believe it was plugged in the whole time, Could this being disabled cause this to happen?  I read somewhere to take out the battery, hold down the power button for 30 seconds then power it back up with just the charger.  if that works to replace the battery.  Would you agree? 

Rookie
Message 5 of 6 (26,516 Views)

Thank you for steps to solving my problem. I did call  Sony support and they said they could fix it for a one time fee Of $99. After searching and finding you website I was able to follow your steps and Imymproblem was solved. Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 6 of 6 (1,811 Views)

Thanx for for the clear instructions for the Work around it was very straightforward and FAST. had to beat the clock as soon as windows started before it hibernated itself. Works perfectly. Both tricks are much appreciated. I bought a knock off replacement battery to get it working it was very cheap but I didn't expect this issue.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook