I rarely use my computer on the go so I was shocked when the screen misbehaved the moment I pulled out the power cable.
This _may_ have been due to upgrading to Windows 10, but since I didn't test that immediately I am not sure.
screen is blank of flickers very bad (half a second on, half a second off) when the power adapter is disconnected.
SVP1321GGXBI ; it has an 4200U i5 intel CPU, an Intel HD Graphics card (4400), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD.
- Upgraded to last intel driver listed for Windows 10
- From Intel Graphics Control Panel, switch off the Display Power Saving Technology
- Switched Power Plans to 'High Performance'
- Vaio Control Center -> Disabled 'Adjust brightness automatically'
- Advanced power plan settings, checked that ambient light is off etc.
Most of these worked together to switch from a completly OFF display to a flickering one. I wasn't able to remove the flicker.
What I would want to try but don't know how / can't:
- Intel used to ship a Control Panel with an option to disable "Panel Self Refresh" (PSR). I couldn't find that option now.
- There may be registry keys to turn off the PSR, I didn't find them either.
Anyone has ideas what should I try next?
Get discounts, product reviews and exclusive news.
Get Support Content on the Go!
For ProfessionalsCareersContact UsCompany Info