VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 11 of 18 (6,060 Views)

Re: How to boot safe mode

Hi murlanfejzullai,

Welcome to Sony Community!

What is the model name and the current operating system of your computer? Can you tell us the exact error message that you've encountered? When was the last time that your computer was working? Was there any change that happened that caused it not to turn on? 

It's hard to give you a specific troubleshooting steps because the information you'veprovided is incomplete.

A. If you still see the Vaio Logo when you turn it on

1. Try to boot it to safe mode. (press F2 or the Assist button>F2)

2. Back up your file if you can boot this way

B. If there is no Vaio Logo nor it won't turn on at all

1. Power reset the battery (remove the battery if possible) press and hold the power button for 20 secs. 

2. If it works the follow the steps above. 

You can also bring the unit to a repair center to have them retrieve the files that you have on the hard drive. 

We kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,

Jen

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 12 of 18 (3,769 Views)

Re: How to boot safe mode?

When I go for assist > recover or maintain your system

It produce error > a required device isn't connected error code 0xc000000f
Message 13 of 18 (3,753 Views)

Hi Rahuluniweb,

We're sorry to hear that you encountered an error. I hope you provided us more information or a brief description of the issue. Anyway, if you want to boot your computer to safe mode then the link below will help you. Select the appropriate operating system then follow the instructions carefully.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43530

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Rookie
Message 14 of 18 (1,086 Views)

I was refreshing my pc and now it shows black screen.i tried msconfig.exe command through cmd, my pc went to restart in safe mood but during the rebooting process it shows "window cannot complete installation in safe mood" I hit the enter but again I'm here.
Message 15 of 18 (1,037 Views)

Hi Chunky,

May I know what is the model number and the current operating system of your VAIO laptop? I'm confused about what are you trying to do?  The subject says "How to boot safe mode?" yet you are already in Safe Mode. Do you want to exit in Safe Mode? 

You may also contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 16 of 18 (961 Views)

You can use this way
1) Turn off the computer
2) Click the Help button
3) Select Restore
4) Select Advance
5) Select Command Prompt
6) Enter the following command: "bcdedit / set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy"
7) Restart your computer and click on F8 key
8) The Heritage menu appears. Select Safe Mode
Good luck

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 18 (466 Views)

Here is how to Get Out Of The Safe Mode Loop In Windows 10

1- First of all, press the WIN+R keys together to open the Run dialog box. When the Run dialog box opens up, type in msconfig and hit Enter key or click on OK button.

2- A new window named System Configuration opens up.

3- Click on the tab named Boot. Now look for a section named Boot Options. If your system keeps going on to the Safe Mode at the time of start up, the check box corresponding to the option Safe boot will be checked.

4- You need to uncheck the check box corresponding to the option Safe boot as shown in the screenshot given below. Once you are all done, click on Apply button and then on OK button.

5- For the changes to take over, you need to restart your system. You can either restart the system when asked for system restart by clicking on the Restart button or you can restart it later by clicking on the Exit without restart button.

Source:- https://merabheja.com/get-safe-mode-loop-windows-10/

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 18 of 18 (410 Views)

Here is how to Restart PC in Clean Boot Mode in Windows 10

1- Initially, you will have to type msconfig in the Search bar provided at the bottom left of your desktop. Hit Enter once you are done. This is to open up all the system configurations of basic Microsoft Settings.

2- On the window that pops up, click on the radio button just before Selective Start up below the tab Startup Selection. Also make sure that only “Load system services” option is checked in selective startup.

3- Now from the menu at top, you will have to choose the Services tab. This includes all the services that is provided by Microsoft on your Windows system.

4- Now, check the option that says Hide all Microsoft Services. . Now choose the option Disable All.

5- Now restart you system which will open itself in the clean boot mode. All the errors will now be fixed and the system behaves normally, with faster execution of programs.

Source:- https://merabheja.com/restart-pc-in-clean-boot-mode/

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook