VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 2 (397 Views)

Touch pad not working properly

Hi
I am using Sony vaio laptop model pcg-71911m with Windows 7 and for a while now touch pad doesn't work properly. What I mean is sometimes it does work fine but some times cursor on the screen keep freezing and it doesn't move smoothly when I am using touch pad. When that happens I am trying to restart system and sometimes it is back to normal after only 1 restart but sometimes I have to restart several times to get it work properly not always it is working and then I have to turn off the laptop and leave for a while turned off or wait till next day before I boost it up again and cursor I moves properly when touchpad it is used but after using laptop for a while it is going back to freezing again but only the cursor not the system as I am using keyboard to operate it and it does work fine. Is it any solution to this and I hope I manage to make it clear what is my problem. Thanks for help
Highlighted
Message 2 of 2 (325 Views)

Re: Touch pad not working properly

Hi Cesar_lnd,

We're saddened  to hear about the intermittent issue with your touch pad, have you tried booting up the laptop to save mode then replicate the issue?  

The model PCG-71911M is a non-US model thus we have very few information about his model. If you are outside of North America, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook