Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6 (6,365 Views)

Vaio Control Center is Gone.. How Do I Install it Again?

[ Edited ]
I got a Sony Vaio Flip 15A (model: SVF15N17CXB). My Vaio Control Center is not working. So I uninstalled it through Control Panel. I then downloaded and tried to install the latest VCC update but I get the following error:

"No software version applicable to this update is installed. The update will be cancelled."

How do I install and get VCC back?
Message 2 of 6 (6,340 Views)

Re: Vaio Control Center is Gone.. How Do I Install it Again?

Hi koolx,

How did you try to reinstall it? What is the current operatinf system of your laptop? Those you found on the websites are updates, you need to to install  the original software before first. 

Here is how you install the original VAIO Control Center software.

For Win 8 operating system only

1. Go to this link select Windows 8 as the operating system then download Hotkey Utilities.

2. Download all the updates under VAIO Control Center.

For Windows 8.1

1. Make sure you are done with the above steps first.

2. Select Windows 8.1 as the operating system

3. Look for VAIO Control Center updates and download

VAIO Control Center Update 

Released date 10/18/2013

File size 21.41 MB

4. Reboot your laptop. Vaio Control Center should be back after restarting the laptop.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jen

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6 (6,321 Views)

I already did as you instructed. Vaio Control Center was reinstalled. But I dont see the battery option to limit the battery to 80%. What do you suggest now?

Message 4 of 6 (6,293 Views)

Hi there,

I already answered your other post , please refer to the link below. Thanks.

http://community.sony.com/t5/VAIO-Software-Other-Operating/Option-to-Limit-Battery-to-80-is-Gone-HEL...

Jen

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 6 (815 Views)

Hi I have the same problem, I lost everything when I update to windows 10. My laptop Sony Vaio model svs15116ggb. How can I instal this Vaio Control Center, it always says "No software version applicable to this update is installed. The update will be cancelled."
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6 (558 Views)

Hi Anggawbsn,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We're sorry to hear about what happened to your laptop. May we know how did you update to Windows 10? Did you do a clean install?

If you did a clean install all the drivers and software, including the original drivers, will be deleted.This is why whenever you tried to install the VAIO Control Center update the system couldn't find it. 

Make sure this model has a Windows 10 driver support. Look for the original VAIO Control Center then try to install if first before installing the VAIO Control Center update. 

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns. 

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook