Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 1 of 2 (1,477 Views)

Vaio does not recognize memory stick

I recently bought a 16GB memory stick pro duo (hereafter MSPD) to use in my alpha700. It works just fine there and the images are can be displayed using the camera's viewing system on the built-in screen in the same way I've always looked at them before archiving. Then, I had what is apparently a completely novel idea to put the memory stick into my VAIO VGN-SZ381P's MSPD slot so that I can archive the images from the MSPD according to my usual process. My computer's operating system is XP Pro at SP3. To accomplish the transfer, I normally open the D: drive and the archive disk (usually the F: drive) in Windows Explorer, navigate to the appropriate directory on both drives, and do a drag'n'drop from the D: drive to to the F: drive.

Now, when I insert the MSPD, the VAIO does not recognize it, let alone recognize that it is properly formatted and does have images on it. Can somebody please tell me the following information:

Whether I need an upgraded driver for the Vaio's MSPD and, if so, what is the name of the file, please?

Thank y'all for your help.

Message 2 of 2 (1,477 Views)

Re: Vaio does not recognize memory stick

Hello Dr. J,
Welcome to the User Discussion Forums.

The VGN-SZ381P may require an update to recognize what your memory stick is. your 16GB memory stick may not work even with the below update utility for Memory Stick Pro Duo recognition.

This utility updates the Texas Instruments® Integrated FlashMedia Controller to version to add support for 8GB Memory Stick PRO Duo™ Media. ... roup_id=13

It is not recommended to format the memory stick as you will lose your precious memories. if the memory stick will not recognize directly we recommend connecting your Camera directly to the Computer via USB to transfer your pictures. Instructions for this can be found on page 130 of the Users Guide of the DSLRA700

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook