VAIO - Upgrade, Backup, & Recovery

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 2 (1,345 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do I re-install all the SONY's settings and drivers from 4 DVDs but NOT the OS ?

Hello, 

How do I re-install all the SONY's setting and drivers from 4 DVDs (Sony Recovery DVDs set)  but NOT re-install the OS ?

[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/153qofq.jpg[/IMG]

Also, is there a way I can copy/paste all the contents from 4 DVDs then paste onto a flash drive and then use the flash drive instead of using the optical drive? (Because it seems to me, dvd #1 stuck at 22% for a long time, dvd#2 stuck at 46%, dvd#3 stuck at 88% ...

Thank you 

Message 2 of 2 (1,244 Views)

Re: How do I re-install all the SONY's settings and drivers from 4 DVDs but NOT the OS ?

Hi Afite1968,

Welcome to Sony Community!

When using the VAIO recovery disc, it will automatically play and reinstall everything in it. You can't just choose a specific setting because it downloads on its own. You've mentioned that the discs stopped at a certain percent, if this is happening then it's possible that it's already corrupted.

If you haven't modified your laptop yet, it's better to do a reformat using the hidden partition but make sure to back up all your files first. 

Regards,

Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook